How to Choose Between Studying Spanish in Spain or Latin America
Are you currently looking to study Spanish abroad but you can't decide between learning in Spain or Latin America?
This is a big decision and there are lots of things you need to consider before making a decision. Our guide should be able to help you decide.
The Big Debate: Spain vs Central/South America
The first thing you need to consider is why are you looking to improve or learn Spanish overseah? Most people tend of learn for fun, a career, relationshipor just to make traveling and integration easier.
Sometimes the answer can give you better direction in terms of choosing a location.
Spanish spoken in Europe and Latin America is similar, but also different in terms of accent, pronunciation and grammar. If for example you are looking to get a job in Spain, then we recommend you go to Spain to book a course.
Or if you have a South America adventure on the horizon, or possibly a boyfriend or girlfriend from this region then you might want to learn in that country.
Top Questions to Ask Yourself
- What is your budget
- What type of course are you looking for
- Are you open to any destination
- What level are you at
- What are you hoping to achieve
Top Reasons to Choose Spain
Need some convincing Spain is the destination for you? This is why you should go:
- World famous cities like Madrid and Barcelona
- Famous festivals - you could plan your study abroad Spain experience around a festival like Tomatina
- Friendly locals
- Lots of reputable Spanish language schools in Spain
- Close proximity to Europe
- The Spanish accent in Spain is different than in Latin America
Top Reasons to Choose Latin America
Central and South America are huge diverse regions with so many unique destinations. Here are some reasons to choose this region on the world:
- Great value courses - some of the cheapest in the world
- More countries in this continent speak Spanish
- A diverse range of places you can study (search Spanish courses in South America / Spanish courses in Central America)
- Experience new cultures which might be different than what you are used to
- See incredible sights like Machu Picchu, Patagonia, beaches, islands and cities in your spare time
- So many incredible countries to choose from including Cuba, Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Paraguay, Mexico, Nicaragua, Honduras, Guatemala, Panama, Costa Rica, Venezuela, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and Uruguay
- You can find Spanish courses in small towns and large world famous cities like Havana and Buenos Aires