Watersports Qualification Certifications

There are lots of centres which offer professional watersports training and development programmes to those who wish to train and work in the watersports industry. You can take courses in sailing, windsurfing, powerboating and more which will give you the qualifications and experience you need to work in watersports.

Recognised qualifications in the UK and Europe include RYA, AYF, BKSA, IKO, SLSA, Yachtmaster, dinghy instructor, safety boat driver and PADI qualifications.

If you live in the USA you can take an American Sailing Association (ASA) certification. This type of certification is recognised worldwide and once you have successfully completed a course you will be qualified to captain your own vessel. Courses guide you from beginner to advanced skill levels.


Why Book a Course

If you would like to work in the waterspouts industry, for example, leading lessons and teaching children or students you will need a recognised qualification. In the UK if you would like to work as a waterspouts at an established sports centre you you will need to be at least a trainee level 2 coach. 

Companies and watersports centres offer structured training programs which provide you to learn new skills, meet new people and prepare you for a career working in the industry. Courses are a great way to improve your skills, make new friends, help your career prospects and also get to live and learn in an outdoor setting.

Once you have completed a course you will get a worldwide recognised qualification allowing you to work in the UK or around the world. 


Location of Training Courses

You can take a watersports course In the UK, Europe and worldwide. RYA courses are open individuals of all ages and abilities from total beginner to advanced levels.