An alternate to traditional tourism that focuses on intercultural, exchanging relations in equitable way and is an initiative to offer travelers a chance to live and take part in community and not just observe it from afar.
- Contribute to intercultural understanding and tolerance
- Inform travelers of the culture, politics and economy of the communities visited
- Anticipate and respect local cultures’ expectations and assumptions
- Support the integrity of local cultures by favoring businesses which conserve cultural heritage and traditional values
- Support local economies by purchasing local goods and participating with small local business
- Conserve resources by seeking out businesses that are environmentally conscious, and by using the least possible amount of non-renewable resources
There are no reviews, click 'Add a review' to submit one