Jobs in India
Interested in working in India? Dream of waking up somewhere like Goa and getting paid? Wondering if this is even possible? We have put together a guide work living and working in India for internationals where you can get advice and find recruiters.
Jobs for Foreigners & English Speakers in India
Work in India
There are lots of different job opportunities for foreign workers in India. If the idea of working in Asia appeals to you then you really should consider India. Although most people choose to work in Thailand and more popular tourist destinations, India offers a great alternative. Depending on your area of interest you can find work throughout different areas of the country.
There are local and international companies based in India which hire international staff throughout the year. Where you go really depends on your interests and skills, if you have any professional experience then cities like Delhi might be best suited to you as this is where most professional jobs can be found. But if you are just after flexible holiday jobs then places like Goa will probably be best.
Best Places to Seek Employment
You can find work throughout the country, here are the best places to see employment:
There are vacancies in a range of different industries including:
- Bar work - Expat bars hire English speaking staff
- Education - a popular option for expats is to teach English in India
- Hotels / hostels - some accommodation providers offer flexible positions
- Non-Profit - there are lots of volunteer programs in India although generally unpaid
- Scuba Diving - dive schools in India hire international staff all year round
- Sports instructor - there are lots of activity and surf schoos in India needing English speaking staff
- Yoga - yoga resorts in India also need English speaking staff
- Tourism - tour companies in India hire guides to lead trips
- Work experience - if you are seeking to gain new skills you should consider internships in India
On arrival in the country it's beneficial to take language lessons. India can be a full on experience and knowing basic words and phrases will really help you whilst living and working here. International staff who can speak the local dialects will be at an advnate when applying for jobs or for getting ahead in a company.
Salary for Working in India
What you get paid depends on the position and company, please note wages can be lower here than in other countries in Asia and compared to the West,
Are you currently recruiting for international staff? List jobs here. Contact us today for more information.
If you have ever been to work in India and would like to share your experience get in touch.