Internships in India
Join an internship program in India and gain work experience. India is one of the worlds current booming economies and its an amazing country to visit and explore. Places you can apply to intern include Bangalore, Delhi, , Jaipur, Kerala, Mumbai (Bombay), Pune and Rajasthan. Every destination is different and there are so many different internships available.
Intern & Work Experience Placements in India
Guide to Interning in India
India might not strike you as the first county to visit when contemplating taking an internship in Asia. But there are so many worthwhile programs where you can gain experience and enjoy living in a totally new culture and working environment. So whether you are planning a gap year to India, or would just like to boost a career then our intern opportunities in India will appeal to you.
You will get to live and work in an area like tourism, healthcare or business which are a great way to gain experience and add depth to your CV or resume. There are various placements available including summer internships, media, medicine/healthcare and business internships.
Popular Places to Intern in India
- Mumbai (Bombay)
Types of Internships in India
- Healthcare, Medicine and Hospitals
- Hotel and Hospitality
Paid Internships in India
We also often get asked, how do I get a paid internship in India. You will either need to be directly employed by an international organisation, or be a skilled professional with something benefical to offer to communities and projects. For example, you could be working in an industry like architecture, business, engineering, healthcare, IT, managment, and teaching.
To be eligible you will usually need to go through an application process, have at least 2 years experience, have qualifications and sometimes a degree, be aged 25+, pass a medical assessment and a criminal record check and be ready to depart within a year. You might also need to commit to a certain duration of 6/12 months+ and be open to living in a new working environment.
Companies we recommend:
- The Cochin International Language Academy offer paid internships in Kerala to people who book a TEFL course. You will be paid a stipend salary of 10,000 rupees a month.
- Friends of IACC - Volunteers are needed all year round to help animals at a care center in Auroville in Tamil Nadu, Southern India. The project has been set up by three people from California and you can participante for a few days or a year! There is no fee.
- EduCARE - Participate on programs in Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, and Rajasthan - you will need to pay a one off fee of $570 for the Indian visa, insurance and training - you can stay for up to 1 year with free accommodation.
- Heeals - Pay a registration fee of $187 and cover your accommodation and you can pariticpate on community based projects in Delhi, Gurgaon, Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh and Rajastahan.
- The Sikkim Himalayan Academy work to help children who cannot afford to go to school. International volunteer teachers are welcomed all year round
Anyone aged 18+ can apply. You must be open to living and working in a new culture.
How to Apply
Finding paid internships in India can be difficult, this is a developing country and most placements are unpaid. You can view our featured internships above and apply today.
India Internship Reviews
Have you ever been to intern in India? Would you like to review a company or placement? Contact us today.