Company : Fronteering
Location : Guyana, Rupununi Savannah, South America
Duration: 4 weeks to 2 months
Approx Costs: 1750 to 2500 $ Dollars (US)
Travel Back in Time and revisit the old west in in Guyana where Amerindians are cowboys!
Ride horses, round up the cattle, brand the calves and help build up sustainable eco-tourism with these ranches to help preserve their centuries old life style!
Times are dire for the cattle ranches of Guyana Savanna’s, no longer being able to sell their meat to neighboring Brazil and not even longer allowed to sell their meat in the coastal regions of Guyana they struggle to continue. With the times changing and barely any source of income left the Amerindian Vaquero’s of the Savannas are in need of your help!
They are on the brink of abounding their centuries old lifestyle, help now by building basic eco-tourism facilities and relive the days of old as a Cowboy (or girl) in beautiful Guyana!!! This is a great volunteer abroad opportunity for all adventures especially for those who love the ranch life, who are interested in native Amerindian cultures and have a passion for horse riding.
August - May of every year
4 Weeks: $1995.00
6 Weeks: $ 2395.00
8 Weeks: $ 2595.00
• Learn the tricks of trades of what it takes to be a real rancher and cowboy.
• Lots of opportunities to view wildlife including the odd looking giant anteater and hundreds of species of birds.
• Leave the rat race of the western world behind and enter the simplicity of the wild west instead!
Some if the requirements for this project are:
• You must be physically and mentally fit.
• Age: 18 and over. There is no upper age limit but good health is essential for this project.
• Must love animals/outdoors
• Make sure to contact your local health organization to inquire about the needed/recommended vaccinations and medicine.
• Strong work ethics are required: reliable, responsible, honest, good sense of humor and dependable.
There are no reviews, click 'Add a review' to submit one