Scuba Diving in Spain
There are lots of scuba diving packages in Spain, from learning to dive to training to become a PADI dive master. If you are planning a trip to Spain and would like to learn to scuba dive you can apply direct to dive centres through our Spain scuba diving directory.
Scuba Diving Courses & Packages in Spain
Learn to Scuba Dive in Spain
On our directory you can find scuba diving courses, beginners lessons and also dive centres located throughout Spain. You can go diving in a number of locations including around the spectacular islands and mainland stunning coastline. There are packages and courses for all levels and abilities.
Spain is one of the best places to go diving in Europe, expect to see colorful coral, lots of fish species and if you are lucky turtles, whales, sharks and dolphins. There are also lots of protected marive conservation areas and if you are looking to do something new you can go diving and volunteer in Spain to help conservation efforts.
Best Time of the Year to Go Scuba Diving in Spain
You can find scuba diving resorts which operate all year round in Spain, the most popular period for diving is March to November during the summer months when tourism is at a peak but there are more options during December and February.
What is Included in Most Packages
Some dive resorts in Spain offer scuba diving packages which include accommodation, courses and other activities which can be booked in advance before departing. It is recommended to book early and not wait to book on arrive to ensure there are spaces available.
Best Places to Go Scuba Diving in Spain
One the most popular scuba diving destination in Spain is the Canary Islands which has a warm climate all year round and the ocean is full of marine life and good visability.
Other locations to consider include:
- The wrecks and caves in Marina del Este, Gibraltar, and Tarifa
- Islas Hormigas Marine Park
- Furió Fitó
- La Palma
- La Gomera
- Gran Canaria
- El Hierro
How to Choose a Dive Centre in Spain
With so many dive shops and resorts throughout Spain it can be hard to know which is the best one to make a booking with. Most dive centres offer similar services and packages but each is different in one way or another. To help you make a decision you might want to consider the following questions:
Courses / Facilities
- Are the staff friendly & welcoming?
- Are the instructors experienced?
- How many instructors are there per class?
- How many people will be in a class?
- Is the equipment modern and of good quality?
- What times are classes?
- What dive sites will you visit?
- What kind of boats are used?
- Are meals included on boats?
- Is there enough shade to protect from the sun?
- Are extra equipment like snorkelling gear free to use?
- What is the cost of the course?
- Does the package include all equipment?
- Is accommodation included in the price and what is it like? Is there a kitchen or wifi?
- Are there any added bonuses like “fun” dives included?
- If I pay with a credit card is there an additional fee?
- Are any discounts offered?
Help / Advice
If you need any help arranging a dive course in Spain please get in touch.
Spain Dive Center Reviews
If you have ever been diving in Spain and would like to write about your experience, review a company or share any recommendations please contact us.
If you represent a dive centre in Spain and would like to be featured here please contact us.