Company : Jamso Trainee GmbH
Location : Costa Rica
Duration: < 1 week to 3 months
Approx Costs: 250 to 3000+ $ Dollars (US)
Volunteer with Costa Rica's wildlife animals surrounded by beautiful and unique nature!
• Experience the rewarding feeling of saving wildlife by helping injured animals to get back on track
• Meet like-minded volunteers from all over the world and build life-long friendships
• Enjoy your weekends by visiting stunning beaches and improving your surfing skillsLearn this beautiful language by attending Spanish lessons
Following the new standards of animal welfare and for respect to wildlife, we stand against the “petting zoo” idea, where time before, inexperienced volunteers handled animals indistinctly. This concept has changed recently, and is now an aspect under the new regulation of Costa Rican Wildlife’s Law.
This issue have made us look on how to improve our practices, and nowadays we do allow that volunteers with animal care or wildlife experience (nurses, veterinarians, biologists), and a time commitment long enough to be trained, help us with some of those tasks.
We stand that wild animals are sentient beings, under our responsibility, and not elements for the entertainment of people, and are the kind of values we want to share with our volunteers. For what we see the volunteer was expecting to have a different experience with the animals.
• Preparing food for the animals
• Feeding the howler monkeys, capuchin monkeys, sloths, birds (Scarlet Macaws, parrots, owls, and others), olingo, and kinkajous
• Cleaning animal enclosures
• Cleaning the common areas
• Giving extra attention to the orphaned young animals
• General tidying of the Center (sweeping pathways, etc.)
• Preparing toys and stimulating exercises for the animals
• And other great contributions you might have! We welcome creative initiative!
Accommodation: you will stay with other volunteers at the volunteer house at the sanctuary and you reseive all meals
• Every Monday or by arrangement
• Accommodation at volunteer house
• 3 tipical meals a day
• 12/7 support
• Airport pick up
• Age: 16-30 years
• Intermediate English skills
There are no reviews, click 'Add a review' to submit one