Study Abroad in Central America
Would you like to live and study in an exotic destination? Consider Central America! There are semester, summer and also long term study programs available to join throughout the region.
Central America Study Abroad Programs
A Guide to Studying in Central America
Central America is an incredible place to mix learning with adventure, you will be able to expand your horizons and gain a hands on experience like no other.
This region is a safe region to study as in recent years governments and political situations have stabilized, economies in the region are developing at a fast rate and also tourism is booming bringing in money and investment.
More and more universities in the Europe and North America are offering study abroad cultural exchanged with universities in Central America which is making the whole process of applying easier.
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Puerto Rico
Top Reasons to Study in Central America
- Enjoy a facsinating cultural exchange like no other
- Save money, Central America is one of the cheapest places in the world to study
- See new incredible places
- Make new friends from all over the world
- Improve your language skills, you might want to book a Spanish course in Central America to take in your spare time
Best Countries to Study in Central America
- Belize, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Panama
Top Rated Universities in Central America for International Students
The universities listed below are respected and very popular with internationals:
- Universidad de Costa Rica
- Universidad Nacional Costa Rica
Studying in Central America is a lot more affordable compared to other worldwide destinations where you can mix study with sightseeing and cultural activities.
Scholarships for Studying in Central America
There are several scholarships available to help you study in Central America, these include:
- National Security Education Program/Boren Scholarships
- The Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship
Help / Advice
If you need any help arranging a study abroad experience in Central America please get in touch. You might also like to view our guide to studying in South America.
Central America Study Abroad Reviews
If you have ever been to study abroad in Central America and would like to add a review, write about your experience or share any recommendations please contact us.
If you provide study programs in Central America and would like to be featured here please contact us.