Learn Portuguese in São Paulo
São Paulo is a very popular city to learn Portuguese, thousands of international students study here every year, many for personal or business development reasons. There are lots of highly rated local language schools in São Paulo offering courses to foreigners. Book a class today.
Study Portuguese in Sao Paulo
São Paulo is one of the best cities to learn Portuguese in Brazil, here are some reasons to choose this city:
- São Paulo is a facsinating huge metropolis with lots of sights and attractions
- Learn or improve your language skills
- Some schools offer rewarding combo courses where you can study and also volunteer in Brazil
- Make new friends and meet people from all over the world
- See spectacular beaches in Santos and Guaruja in your spare time
- Courses can be booked all year round and are great value
- Teachers are usually native speakers, university graduates and have lots of experience helping internationals learn the Brazilian Portuguese language
Best Portuguese Language Schools in São Paulo
There are lots of language schools located in São Paulo, these are our recommendations for the best ones to choose:
- Fast Forward Institute, Alameda Lorena, São Paulo
- Its Cool Idiomas, Iperoig Street, São Paulo
- Alumni, operates several schools throughout São Paulo
- Berlitz International Inc., has a number of language schools in São Paulo and the surrounded cities in São Paulo state
- CIEE (Council on International Educational Exchange), offers Portuguese language courses at university level and student exchange programs at universities in São Paulo
Location of Language Schools
Schools in Sao Paulo are located throughout the city, a lot are in the upmarket Jardins neighborhood which is close to Avenida Paulista - similar to 5th Avenue in New York City. There are tree-lined streets and lots of cafes, bars, restaurants and parks nearby.
Most language schools offer small classes with an average of 5-8 students.
Age of Students
Usually students aged 18 - 35 participate but students from the ages 17 to 65 also attend schools throughout the year
You could book a language course which includes accommodation in the price. Options include shared accommodation, private or a home stay. All families are carefully screened and visited to ensure that the accommodations are suitable for international students. Distances to school vary from 10 to 60 minutes by walking or public transportation.
Best Time to Study in São Paulo
São Paulo or if you prefer ‘A Cidade da Garoa’ (The City of Drizzle), a nickname Paulistas (those who are born in the state of SP) use to affectionately refer to a city that goes, very often, from a tropical weather in the morning to unexpected cold and drizzle by the end of the afternoon.
Summer in São Paulo can be really hot, wet and humid. The winter, on the other hand, can be quite chilly and dry. We recommend visiting the city in summer because you can also hit the road and go to the seaside of São Paulo (about an hour away) or spring and autumn when the weather is usually mild.
The truth is that regardless of when you decide to learn Portuguese in São Paulo sometimes you can experience four seasons in a day.
When out and about you might want to scape from the endless traffic jams that can strecht over hundreds of kilometres in rush hours. The tip is - the megalopolis won’t lose its charm if you plan yourself ahead to avoid getting stuck in traffic or crushed on a packed-out tube or train. Check the best routes, go for a meal, visit a museum or do any other activity that doesn’t involve commuting between 5-7ish and you’ll be fine.
Sao Paulo Language School Reviews
If you have ever joined a Portuguese course in Sao Paulo and would like to write about your experience, review a company or share any recommendations consider writing an article for us.
If you offer Portuguese language courses in Rio and would like to be featured here please contact us.
Pages You Might Also Like to View: