Information Technology Courses
Are you interested in pursueing a career in computing? The best way to get started in this industry is to take courses and develop knowledge and skills to become proficient. If you would like to study IT there are basic, intermediate and advanced courses you can take near where you live, online and also abroad.
Top Rated IT Course Providers
Why Study IT
Need some convincing this is the right career for you?
- IT is one of the highest paying industries in the world employing millions of people
- Lots of jobs and vancanies all around the world
- High salaries
- Work anywhere in the world with lots of companies hiring remote workers
- There are lots of different careers available within the IT field
How to Choose What IT Course to Take
You could choose to go to university and study IT at degree level but to gain employment and unlike a lot of other industries, a lot of companoes hire staff without degrees but you will need formal computing qualifications and certifications. Some courses can be taken online and are very flexible.
Some of the best IT courses to take in UK include Cyber Security, Database Management, IT Service Management, Software Development, Web Design & Development, Mobile App Development, and Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning.
More highly rated IT certifications courses that can help you to jump ahead in this industry include: Business Intelligence, Networking, Software Development, DevOps, Cyber Security, Digital Marketing, CISSP and ITIL.
Also recommended is to learn how to effectively manage a supply chain with a comprehensive Oracle Fusion SCM Online Training course. On this comprehensive online training program you will learn about Oracle Fusion SCM at your own pace.
Best Global Universities to Study IT
- Education University of Hong Kong, China
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States
- University of California - Irvine, United States
- Dublin Institute of Technology, Ireland
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University, China
- Georgia State University, United States
- National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Pennsylvania State University, United States
- University of Maryland - College Park, United States
- London School of Economics and Political Science, United Kingdom
What You Will Learn
Every course is different but usually you will have an experience teacher and structured courses helping you to gain knowledge in lots of different areas including:
- Microsoft Office packages like word, outlook, powerPoint, excel, access
- Web Design
- IT Administrator
- Software and Hardware
- Helpdesk and Support
- Diagnosing faults and solving technical issues
- Network administration
On an IT courses you will gain knowledge and experience which can help you get an entry-level position and start a career in IT. You will need to have a passion for IT, or a desire to improve your skills and knowledge. You will need a high attention to detail, possess good technical skills and show organisational abilities. If the idea of studying IT appeals to you then business internships might also be of interest to you.
Once you have competed an IT course you might want to gain work experience or apply for IT internships to boost your experience even more. This is one of the best ways to get ahead in the industry and get a well paying job. There are large IT companies and service providers all over the world providing a wide range of services, including consulting, software development, and business process outsourcing.