Family Adventure Tours & Holidays
Search adventure family holidays and tours from the worlds leading specialist tour operators. On our website you can find alternatives to packages breaks, our unique and meaningful family holidays will inspire you to do something different. We list active adventure family holidays to destinations like the UK, Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America where you can do more than just sit on a beach.
Activity & Adventure Family Trips Abroad
Book a Family Adventure Holiday
If you want more from your family holiday there is now more opportunity than ever to be creative and adventurous when planning your next trip. Children and adults alike can gain so much more outside the world of stay-put, package holidays with their kiddie clubs and crèches that isolate children from the local culture and people. Getting off the beaten track, and on the move on a family adventure tour will stimulate the whole family and provide a fun, authentic, and educational experience for all. It is a great opportunity for families to spend time together, enjoying new experiences and contributing to memories that will last a lifetime.
With One World 365 you can search a wide selection of tours for parents and children which are a wonderful opportunity for families to discover together the incredible sights of the world whilst learning something of everyday life in these countries whilst also having time for fun by the pool or on the beach. There is fun to be had for you and your children on these exciting family holidays. We understand that having children should not mean the end to your adventures, and that it is just as rewarding travelling with children, as it is without. Introducing your children to different cultures, languages, foods and lifestyles brings their education to life and plants the seed for many more adventures to come.
Take the hassle and stress out of organising such a trip independently, and let the experts handle it for you. Family adventure tours facilitate the management of travelling as a family and take into account the different needs and views of each family member. The tour operators we work with understand that travelling with children has to be clean, easy, safe and fun, and provide the right mix of culture with entertainment, comfort, variation and relaxation.
Our partner tour operators have years of experience to put together a diverse range of Family Adventures that inherit the qualities and features that have made our website a leading specialist in adventure travel. Our trips cater to the needs of youngsters – minimising long journeys, including hotels with pools, and incorporating child friendly activities such as wildlife & animal encounters, kite-flying, interaction with local children, beaches and swimming holes, and fun ways to get involved in the native lifestyles. Adults will enjoy the varied ways of experiencing the country and love the chance to discover new and wonderful activities with their children.
What You Get
- Professional guides, many of them locally born and raised, ensure you have access to local knowledge, experience and insight as well as supporting the communities you visit
- A variety of transport adds to the ‘fun’ factor where many modes are local to the destinations. Tuk Tuks, Camel rides, Riverboats… Getting there can be half the fun!
- A mixture of high quality accommodation from family-run guesthouses and hotels, to lodges and teahouses; experience a range of options that have been carefully selected for their quality, character, location and family friendly service. Family Tours use 3-4 star hotels and other accommodation that will all enrich your stay.
- Inclusions: Pack more value into your trip and insists on the most inclusive adventure tour product on the market, with no ‘hidden extras’. You can be sure that your tour price includes city and sightseeing tours, all domestic flights, entrance fees, accommodation and meals as per the itinerary. Major excursions such as the traditional junk cruise on Halong Bay, guided tour of Machu Picchu, and game drives in Ranthambore National Park and are all included.
- Free time is included wherever possible, and tours are conducted at a steady pace - in most cases tours spend at least two nights at the same hotel. A good balance between sightseeing and relaxation ensures an enjoyable trip for all.
- You will get to travel and explore is a safe structure experience
- A Sim card can be provided so you have direct contact at all times with their guide and also in-country support
- Children usually pay a discounted price up to and including 16 years of age
- Generally accommodation is small, locally owned hotels, all with air conditioning and en suite and most have swimming pools
- Travel is tailor made including private minibus, sleeper trains and flights
- Africa, Asia, Australia & New Zealand, Europe, North America, South America, Central America and The Middle East
Group Size & Age Guide
Most of our family adventures have a maximum group size of 16 passengers, with some tours taking a maximum of 10-12 passengers. Our tours have been designed for people of almost any age to enjoy and participate in. Minimum child ages are in most cases 5 years, with some slightly more physical tours requiring a minimum age of 6. As long as you are of reasonable fitness and raring to go, we are delighted to book anyone over these ages on our adventures!
Our tour price really does include more, meaning that you have less to worry about and manage during your tour. We include:
- Sightseeing, activity and entrance fees as per the itinerary
- All tolls and taxes
- Arrival & departure transfers on most tours
- Most meals
- Fully escorted by professional and experienced guides
- Equipment where necessary (ie. where your tour includes camping)
Culture Shock & Kids
You can minimise what can be a daunting first arrival into a brand new culture for kids by firing their imaginations! Show the kids movies, books and pictures of the places and people they are going to experience before their trip. Buying them special travelling gear such as binoculars, travel journals, and backpacks all contribute to their appreciation that they are about to do something different. Introduce them to the local cuisine before you travel so that it won’t be new when they arrive. In most cases, children are surprisingly adaptable, sometimes more so than adults!
Physical Fitness & Difficulty
All Family Adventures are easily within a normally healthy adult and child’s capability. Where trekking, cycling and other physical activities are involved, the pace is easy and will suit any family member of average fitness levels and with an enthusiasm to participate. Be aware that some countries enjoy higher temperatures and different weather conditions than you and your children may be used to.
Our tour prices are per person, based on sharing a twin room. As families come in different sizes however, we are happy to accommodate you wherever possible in triple, family, single or interconnecting rooms. Camping is in shared 2-person tents. Please advise at the time of booking if such rooms are preferred but you should be aware that these are subject to availability. We do not pair up people from different families to share rooms. So if you require a single room, or are travelling solo, then a single supplement applies. Accommodation is carefully selected for its quality, location, efficient & friendly service and family friendly facilities. Where possible, we include hotels with swimming pools.
When planning our family adventures we started with the guides. These are individuals who can transform the experience, cope with any problems, and also have the tact to leave you with some down-time when appropriate. With our many years experience of adventure travel worldwide we already knew those who were most family friendly, the best at entertaining children and those whose mindset was best adapted to enthuse the young.
With a wide choice of additional activities for your family to enjoy in their free time, you can choose as many extra activities as you wish! Most activities are booked locally on the actual day, allowing you the flexibility to make last minute decisions.
Many of our tours offer discounted tour prices for children below 12 years of age. This difference is mostly attributed to lower airfares and entrance fees for children and is not a reflection on any other difference in quality between adult and child rooming arrangements or meals.
Though the temptation might be to over-pack for your family, travelling with less luggage ultimately places less stress on the family. Try to contain your luggage to one main bag per person (preferably soft bags such as backpacks) plus one daypack per person, which is great for excursions, day trips, and carrying those every day essentials to hand. For more information look out for the 'What to Pack' button on the tour information pages.
Your tour leader will be responsible for ensuring the trip runs as smoothly as possible and making the best possible decisions regarding the welfare of the group in certain events. Your understanding is appreciated in these circumstances. Children will be treated as young adults by tour leaders, and responsibility for your young ones must be assumed by parents at all times. If your family wish to opt out of any activities, then any alternative arrangements made, must not fall on our tour leaders or your fellow travellers.
Action & Adventure
Family Adventures are just that - an adventure. They are suitable for families who have an active nature and interest in the more remote and diverse parts of the earth. If you and your family have a thirst for discovering new cultures, lifestyles, cuisines, histories and places, and enjoy being on the move, interacting and making friends with like-minded families in the group, and are happy with a reasonable level of comfort rather than luxury, then our featured family adventures are more than likely for you! Adventurous travel requires a degree of flexibility and open-mindedness and suits travellers who expect the unexpected and unpredictable nature of the destinations we travel to. Standards in transport, local conditions, and other experiences may be different from what you are used to at home, and sometimes there may be the need to alter the itinerary, transport or accommodation out of necessity.