For ethically minded animal and conservation lovers looking for the trip of a lifetime, Oceans 2 Earth Volunteers offer projects in 7 countries, specialising in Australia.
Volunteer activities include feeding animals, collecting and preparing animals’ food, cleaning enclosures, assisting in animal rescues and emergency treatment, providing animal enrichments, building nesting boxes and feeders, undertaking environmental education activities, beach cleanups, whale research, and reef monitoring.
Anyone who loves animals is suitable for our projects.
- Engage in unique animal welfare projects not available anywhere else.
- Enjoy a wide range of hands-on activities in wildlife rescue, care, rehabilitation, and release.
- Undertake research and monitoring conservation activities
O2E is a not-for-profit organisation which provides resources and assistance to organisations for the well-being of animals and the environment. We pride ourselves on being ethically responsible for taking into consideration, first and foremost, animal welfare and environmental responsibility.
O2E believes there are standards that should be upheld when organisations place candidates within the voluntary sector. Since the main purpose of providing volunteers within projects is to provide much-needed funding and resources that are otherwise difficult to come by, it is essential that the main beneficiaries of the volunteers' presence and financial contribution is to the project itself.
- Promote the ethical treatment and natural living ecology of all animals
- Promote environmental sustainability and accountability for our impact on the environment.
- Expose and educate volunteers to the plight of animals ill-affected by conflict or interaction with man, encouraging them to take action and find solutions to these global issues.
- Through Oceans 2 Earth Foundation, O2E supports projects and grassroots organisations through fundraising and campaign initiatives.
Projects to Contribute (Programs)
- Australian Forest Wildlife
- Endangered Species Conservation
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Conservation
- Great Barrier Reef Turtle Rehabilitation
- Island Reef Research and Conservation
- Rainforest Bat Rehabilitation
- Wallaby, Kangaroo and Possum Care
- Whitsundays Whale Research
- Kenya Elephant Community
- Mexican Kitten Rescue & Rehoming
- Elephant Community Refuge
- Northern Thailand Elephant Sanctuary
- Thai Elephant Sanctuary
- Thai Wildlife Rehabilitation & Care
- Thai Island Dog & Cat Shelter
- Thai Resident Bear Care
- African Lion Refuge
- Amazon Animal Sanctuary
- Ecuador Cat and Dog Shelter
- Ecuador Veterinary Care
- Ecuadorian Turtle Conservation
- Ecuadorian Turtle Research
- African Elephant Research
- Malawi Wildlife Rehabilitation
- Primate Bush Academy
- African Lion Refuge
- Western Cape Big Cats
- Whale Coast Shark & Marine Ecology
- Wildlife Tracking & Field Research
Opportunities to be involved (Countries)
- South Africa