Recovering fast from the devastating earthquake in 2015, Idex’s Nepal program remains to be one of our most popular locations offering great volunteering, cultural and travel experiences.
In the previous years we did some beneficial changes in the program which helped the customers to experience more and more lively places in Nepal according to the positive feedback which we have got from the customers and now we are continuing with this program again to fulfil the expectations of our customers to make the Nepal volunteer program more attractive and easy to available.
Program Location - Kathmandu - The city is the urban core of the Kathmandu Valley in the Himalayas, which contains two sister cities: Lalitpur (Patan), 5 Kilometers (3.1 mi) to its south and Bhaktapur or Bhadgaon, 12 Kilometers (7.5 mi) to its east, and a number of smaller towns.
Stay in a typical Nepali Volunteer house replete with modern amenities and just immerse in the cultural journey in the heart of Nepal in the capital of Kathmandu.
Work on our various projects- teach English, assist in any other teaching, implement creative teaching methods, or computers, or train local teachers in a particular school. You could also spend time with orphaned kids, and help them with their homework, or teach them English/ Maths/ and make them feel loved and cared for. Also, train the women around in some skill/ English/ Maths/ Computers, or create awareness amongst them about their rights. Better still, spend time with the elderly, work in health care, or create awareness about socially relevant causes.
While you are doing volutneering work during week days you can also get an opporutnity to explore the country and make your trips and excursions with help of our travel task.
Costs / Benefits
1. Airport arrival pickup, within the prescribed window from 10 AM on Day 1 of the program until 6 AM on Day 2 of the program.
2. Overnight accommodation post arrival pick up.
3. Accommodation throughout the program at an IDEX accommodation facility with up to 4 participants per room with same gender and en-suite facilities.
4. A thorough orientation upon arrival on various matters related to information about the program as well as about volunteering.
5. 3 meals per day as per local cuisine (breakfast, lunch and dinner) for the entire duration of the program. For exact meal plan, please refer to the day to day meal plan.
6. Cultural workshops and activities during the first 2 weeks of the program (subject to schedule changes) on
a. Local cooking demonstration.
b. Nepalese outfit and henna workshop.
c. Yoga workshop (2 sessions)
d. Evening dinner and interaction with a local family.
7. Presence of a dedicated program coordinator at accommodation to support, resolve issues and help with regular enquiries.
8. Presence and support on site by an English speaking translator and helper to ensure that work can be carried out effectively by the volunteers on a daily basis.
9. Every day transportation from accommodation to project and back.
10. Best available internet facility in the region, free of cost.
11. Extensive pre-departure information, post-arrival printed material, regular training and support by IDEX for preparing the participants for their experience.