Learn English in Eastbourne
Eastbourne is an increasing popular destination to learn English, there is a pretty seafront and a relaxed atmopshere which will appeal to anyone seeking to learn and not have to worry about hectic city life. Eastbourne is a lively town on the South coast of England which is very traditional, clean, safe and located in a spectacular setting on the ocean. This is also one of the best places to learn English if you like hot weather, generally this area is the sunniest place on the whole South Coast. Every year over 10,000 international students from over 50 countries arrive and learn English in Eastbourne. View our guide and search our recommended English language schools in Eastbourne.
Guide to Learning English in Eastbourne
Eastbourne might not be the first place which crosses your mind if you have been researching where to learn English in the United Kingdom but there are lots of good reasons why you should consider studying here. The ocean being within touching distance make this a unique destination, and a great place to chill out and relax after intensive English classes.
Best Time of the Year to Arrive
Summer is the most popular period and you will need to book a place well in advance. In the busy summer months classes and student numbers almost double from quieter periods of the year. During winter classes tend to be cheaper than at other times of the year.
List of English Language Schools in Eastbourne
- Ardmore Language Schools www.ardmore-language-schools.com
- Eastbourne School of English www.esoe.co.uk
- Elliot Education
- LTC Eastbourne www.ltc-english.com
- St Bede's Summer School www.stbedesschool.org
- St Giles International www.stgiles-international.com
- Twin English Centres www.englishcentres.co.uk
Location of Language Schools
Most language schools are located in the centre of Eastbourne or within a 15 minute walk. If you book accommodation as part of a course then you should be an easy walk or public transport ride away from the school. Eastbourne has a fairly small city centre and you should be able to reach everywhere by foot.
English Language school Facilities
All school's have different facilities but generally most include:
- Modern classrooms
- Interactive whiteboard facilities and film projectors
- A library
- Video/DVD viewing room
- Computer acess, with free internet access
- Free Wi-Fi
- Support and after curicular activities
- Some even have swimming pools!
Language School Credentials and Memberships
You might want to check to see if your English Language School is accredited and affiliated with the British Council and by the respected English UK.
- Homestay (very popular)
- Shared accommodation with other students
- Private accommodation which can be booked at an extra cost
Places you can visit in your spare time
- There is a large new marina and a huge shopping centre
- Beachy Head
- Seven Sisters
- Traditional English villages
- Country houses
- Beautiful parks
- London is a 90 minute journey away and Brighton just 30 minutes by train