Are you keen to experience some of the most amazing festivals and events in the world in 2019? There are so many world famous cultural events and festivals, from taking part in huge street parties, seeing live music acts to experiencing ancient traditions. See dates and search trips and packages for the best festivals taking place in 2019.
Festival & Events Tours, Trips & Packages
Best Events & Festivals in the World
Lesser Known Festivals & Other Options
Day of the Dead
- Cherry Blossom Festival, Japan
- Diwali & Holi Festivals, India
- Kandy Festival, Sri Lanka
- Full Moon Festival, Hoi Ann, Vietnam
- Sun Festival, Abu Simbel, Egypt
- Yi Peng Lantern Festival, Thailand
Why Book With a Travel Operator
Most travel companies offer structured packages and tours which usually include accommodation, guides, transport, meals and entry tickets. You will get to meet and travel with other likeminded people and have a lot of fun!
We do not directly offer festival tours, we list tours from top rated local and international travel companies. You can search recommended packages on our directory and make a booking with our partner company.
Top Rated Companies & Discounts
Stoke Travel offer endless fun, unlimited booze and the best party travel experiences around Europe for open-minded internationals.
You can enjoy some of the best and craziest festivals and destinations in Europe with an authentic feel, a flexible schedule and options to suit your budget. Choose from low cost, high fun trips including La Tomatina, Oktoberfest, surf camps, music festivals, city breaks and more!
Enter promo code ONEWORLD365 when booking on the Stoke Travel website to get free unlimited beer and sangria and a discount of €10 per day!
Popular Events Worldwide
View our guide to events in different areas of the world:
Some of the biggest music and cultural festivals in the world in Europe including one of the highights Octoberfest in Germany. In Spain you could experience take part in Tomatina tomato throwing festival or witness the San Juan festival around the time of summer solstace. The Venice carnival is very different to most festivals and the setting is hard to match, or if you are into cuisine you might enjoy tasting the local treats at the Croatian truffle festival.
Carnival in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - is one of the world's biggest street parties with music, parades and lots of fun.
Asia has numerous events throughout the year and you might want to plan a trip to India, this is a fascinating country full of colour and you might want to see the Desert and Pushkar Camel Festivals which occurs in Rajasthan in the North of the country. Mongolia is an off the beaten track destination and here you can see locals riding horses and wrestling as part of the Naadam festival. The famous half and full moon parties in Thailand are legendary. Thailand also celebrates the Songkran festival every year with huge water fights taking place throughout the country, you can even join and get involved. In Sri Lanka you can see local people celebrating the Esala Perahera festival where there is music and dances celebrating the new harvest.
In Africa you can get to see first hand some ancient traditions and festivals which will be unlike anything you have seen before. If you visit Ethiopia at the right time you can see Timkat or the Meskel festivals both very colourful with smiling people and events. Ghana has the cultural festival of Ashanti Akwasidae where you will be able to move to the rhythm of the beating drum and music.
Best Festivals Around The World in 2019
There are literally hundreds of festivals which take place throughout the year in countries across the globe, so to help we put together a guide with important dates. You can find options for all interests, whether you want to party all night long, experience a unique cultural tradition or get dressed up and go wild.
Check out our list of essential global festivals & cultural events taking place in 2019 below:
- World Youth Day, 22nd Jan - 27th Jan, Panama City / Panama
- Sundance Film Festival, 24th Jan - 3rd Feb, Utah, USA
- Carnevale di Venezia, 16th Feb - 5th Mar, Venice, Italy
- Lantern Festival in Taiwan, 19th Feb, Pingxi, Taiwan / China
- Rio Carnival, 2nd Mar - 9th Mar, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
- Mardi Gras, 5th Mar - 5th Mar, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
- St. Patrick’s Day, 17th Mar, Dublin, Ireland
- Holi Festival, 30th Mar - 21st Mar, Mumbai, India
- Songkran, 13th Apr - 15th Apr, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Semana Santa, 14th Apr - 21st Apr, Sevilla, Spain
- King’s Day, 27th Apr - 27-Apr, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Cherry Blossom Festival, South Korea / Japan
- Easter, 21st April, worldwide
- Feria de Abril, 5th May - 11th May, Seville, Spain
- Cannes Film Festival, 15th May - 23rd May, Cannes, France
- Glastonbury Festival, 26th Jun - 30th Jun, Glastonbury, United Kingdom
- San Vino Wine Fight, 29th June, Haro, Spain
- Roskilde Music Festival, 30th June - 7th July, Denmark
- Berlin Love Parade, Germany
- Burning Man, 26th Aug - 3rd Sep, Nevada, USA
- La Tomatina, 29th Aug, Bunol, Valencia, Spain
- Oktoberfest, 21st Sep – 6th Oct, Munich, Germany
- Loy Krathong & Yi Peng, 13th Nov, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Christmas, 25th Dec, worldwide
- NYE, 31st Dec, worldwide
- Hogmanay, 30th Dec – 1st Jan, Edinburgh, Scotland
Browse all tours by destination: