Teaching & TEFL Jobs in the United States
Apply to work as a TEFL teacher in the United States. Jobs are open to USA citizens and internationals.
Teaching, Language & TEFL Work in USA
Work as a English Teacher in the United States
Apply to work as an English teacher in the USA and meet people from around the world. Thousands of international students study English at residential centers in the USA and come from countries throughout Europe, Asia and Central and South America. Each year, language schools in the USA employ hundreds of residential members of staff to work at some of the most prestigious universities and colleges throughout the USA (non-residential positions are also available). If you are not yet qualified you might be interested in booking a TEFL course in USA or an online TEFL course. Some course providers have excellent links with employers and can offer employment assistance and job offers.
Types of Positions Available:
- EFL Teacher
- Private Language Teacher
- Activity Leader
- Centre Administrator
- Centre Director
- Director of Studies
- Sports and Activities
- Tour Guide
- Welfare Leader
Summer TEFL Jobs in the USA
If you are looking for a fantastic summer apply to work at a language summer camps! Residential summer language jobs can be joined in cities throughout the USA. Some positions include teaching, leading activities and leading groups on sightseeing tours. Language schools strive to provide excellent programs for students so they return home even more enthusiastic and committed to learning English. If you are energetic and hardworking, passionate about education and a dedicated team player, we encourage you to apply today! You will usually live and work together in a residence to oversee all aspects of our courses in a lively and fast-paced environment. Teamwork is essential to ensure that programs are delivered to our high standard of quality.
Recommended TEFL Recruiters in the USA
- Ardmore Language Schools run summer English courses for students from all over the world in 15 residential and two non-residential centres across the UK. Every year they recruit over 400 summer staff from thousands of applicants from the UK and Europe. We offer residential and non-residential positions and, where possible, let applicants choose a location they want to work at. Our standard contract length is for four weeks, however, we offer extensions of up to four weeks in the summer. We also have positions available at Easter and throughout the year during the off season.
- Stafford House Study Holidays offer a wide range of English and activity courses for students from all around the world. They run nine centres in the USA where you will work at either at university campus or private boarding school. Short term contracts are available in summer for esl and activity teachers.
- Aged 18+
- Be eligible for a work visa if you are applying from overseas
- If you are an English as a Foreign Language Teacher and hold a CELTA, Trinity Cert TESOL, DELTA
- Passionate about working with children and thrive in a fast paced multicultural environment
- Holding qualifications in anything relevant e.g. dance, drama, sports, languages, First Aid or Lifeguard is a bonus
- Bonus if you have a Trinity Dip TESOL, PGCE in English or equivalent recognised by the British Council
- If you would like to progress your career