Africa is a huge continent, with over fifty countries of vastly differing ecology, history and cultures. The very thought of travelling in Africa can be exciting and daunting at the same time. Book a tour to Africa and discover the highlights of this continent for yourself.
Tours & Trips in Africa
Explore Africa on a Group Tour
There are those who will tell you that Africa gets under your skin, that there’s a bug here and once it bites you, you’ll never be the same. There are those who return time and time again. At the very least we’re confident you’ll go home from your tour with a totally different perspective.
African tours are ideal for the more adventurous traveller, for people looking to embark on a adventure tour or safari experience with a difference and one that doesn't cost a small fortune. There are lots of different tours available and it really depends on where you would like to visit and what your interests are to which company you book with. Prices depend on where you would like to go, what you want to do, which operator you travel with and how long you want to be away for.
Best African Tour Operators
Are you wondering what are the best European tour companies to book with are? On One World 365 you can search and compare trips from top rated European tour operators including G Adventures, Oasis Overland and Topdeck Travel. Thousands of people travel with these companies every year and they offer highly rated guided tours with positive feedback and reviews.
- Going bungee jumping or experience the magical Victoria Falls up close in Zimbabwe or Zambia
- Sightseeing and witnessing in person the spectacular Valley of the Kings in Egypt
- Seeing wildlife in the vast Kruger National Park in South Africa
- Climbing trip to see Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania
- Joining a trekking trip to see the endangered mountain gorillas at the Volcanoes National Park in Rwanda
- Visiting the Serengeti National Park in Tanzania / Maasai Mara National Reserve in Tanzania and Kenya
- Exploring the ancient capital of Egypt, Cairo seeing the world famous and mystical Pyramids
- Riding the Garden Route in South Africa and stop off along the way
- Exploring the ancient Roman ruins in Leptis Magna, Libya
- Island hopping, there are so many stunning islands to visit which include Zanzibar, Sal, Djerba, Reunion and Lamu island
Africa Adventure Tours
There are road trips and adventures through the whole of Africa where you can travel from Egypt to South Africa or you could focus on a smaller area and visit a certain region like Kenya and Tanzania in Eastern Africa. This continent has one of the widest selection of tours on the planet and you have a lot of choice, from a normal sightseeing trip to something more specific like wildlife, nature or safaris. You will most likely be traveling in a purpose built van or bus in a group no larger than 20 people - there will be plenty of optional extras to like camping out, sightseeing and excursions.
Africa Budget Tours
On budget tours in Africa you might be involved with helping to cook, constructing tents, helping to clean and doing group tasks in teams. This is not the case with all tours though. If you are travelling on a budget or planning to take a gap year in Africa there are lots of cheap and basic tours you can join, even thought they are less value you will still have an amazing time. They will be the same itinerarys but usually include less valued accommodation like dorms and hostels instead of hotels or extras are not included like day tours. These types of tours are great if you are travelling abroad for the first time and you want to meet new friends and explore, don't let the cheap price put you off.
Africa Overland Tours
Most of our tours involve travelling overland and specifically cater for the 18-40 age group. These trips are a really popular option due to meeting other people, getting day-to-day activities, hotel check-ins, selected meals, accommodation and also transport/guides included in the price. Don't worry if you are slightly older, most tours accept all ages. Also a lot of operators also offer combo experiences for example you could travel and also join volunteering opportunities in Africa.
Wildlife Tours in Africa
We have a variety of wildlife and nature related trips from 1 week to 3 months+ where you will explore and camp out in rustic tented camps and also in more comfortable walk-in tented camps set in stunning Private Reserves. On our tours you could be learning a bout the intricate savannah ecosystems whilst camping in the African bush amidst the sounds of roaring lions, foraging elephants, abundant birdlife and the shrill of African insects, not to mention spectacular landscapes and stunning scenery. If tents / open camps not for you then try renting a lodge or embark on one of our classic safaris.
Photography Tours in Africa
We have specialist companies listed which run specialist photographic safaris where you will get pictures and memories to last a lifetime. Companies take care of the finer details of an African photography tour but as there are so many destinations you will need to decide where to go. Usually you will travel in the best-designed vehicle with the best possible equipment, giving you peace of mind to enjoy your tour to the fullest.
If you are interested in wildlife, landscape, culture or exploring Africa you will get the opportunity to learn about taking better photographs with knowledgeable tour leaders. While on tours there will be workshops and discussions round the campfire on various topics of photography, helping you gain a better insight into the places that you visit with us. This trips are usually more expensive than your average African tour.
Luxury & Family Tours in Africa
There are also more expensive tours and also family adventures where you will travel the African continent in style. Usually you will travel in the most advanced vehicles and stay in luxury hotels, game reserves and tented accommodation perfect for seeing animals in their natural habitat.
West Africa Tours
Discover the cultural region of Western Africa on an overland tour from Senegal to Ghana. These are epic tours last around 10 weeks and countries you can visit include Senegal, Benin, Ivory Coast, Gambia, Togo, Sierra Leone, Guinea and Ghana. You will discover history, nature, culture, tradition and see all the highlights of the region. These tours take you off the tourist trail and there will be lots of excursions. You will get to see remote communities, get close to exotic wildlife, experience life in the African bush and see the stunning coastline.
- Group Sizes: Typical group sizes are around 10-18 travellers with an average of 12 but this can vary between the tour and operator.
- Transport: On most tours you will travel overland in a private small tour van. For day trips and excursions sometimes you will use public transport and sometimes use internal flights to allow you to see the highlights as quick as possible.
- Accommodation: Usually travellers of the same sex will share a twin room, but there is also the option to pay a little extra and get a private room. Accommodation can vary depending on the tour and location. Some tours also include homestays which allow for a facsinating cultural exchange.
- Cost: You will need to pay for flights, insurance and some meals/drinks during the trip. Included is usually guides, park fees and excursions.
- Booking Help: If you need any help arranging a tour in Africa please get in touch.
Africa Tour Reviews
If you have ever joined a tour in Africa and would like to write about your experience, review a company or share any recommendations please contact us. You can view tours of the best African tours on our directory above.