Tours in Egypt
Tours to Egypt will take you to the best places including the Pyramids, Luxor, Aswan & Abu Simbel. You could explore cities like Cairo or go overland and explore more of the country. Our small group tours will appeal if you would like to learn more about the country, get an authentic experience and travel like a local. Expect a country steeped in history where you can wander around ancient streets, eat different cuisine, see spectacular locations or just relax on beautiful white sandy beaches.
Adventure Tours in Egypt
Book a Tour to Egypt
When booking a tour in Egypt you should try to see the pyramids, explore the ruins of Karnak temple in Luxor & Abu Simbel in Aswan, relax on the Red Sea Coast in Dahab and immerse yourself in the culture of ancient cities like Cairo. The safest way to visit Egypt is on an organised group tour and we have lots recommended small group trips available all year round for solo travelers, groups and families. Most tours start in Cairo and from here you can explore the rest of the country.
Each day holds a different sight in store as well as expeditions to riverside temples and monuments aplenty. Trips are led by experienced tour guides and qualified Egyptologists who will be able to tell you more about the country. View some of the best Egypt tours today.
Egypt Tour Highlights
- Seeing is believing and the incredible monuments to the Pharaohs will move even the least sentimental person awestruck.
- The pyramids are just a short journey from Cairo and these wonders of the world are a life experience to be ticked off your travel bucket list
- Packaged tours along the Nile offer great value and remain one of the best ways to see the country
- Explore the breathtaking temples of Karnak
- Embarking on a journey from Luxor to Aswan
- For an authentic Nile experience, take a Felucca ride and enjoy the relaxation of Egypt’s traditional sailboats
- If you’re after romance then a trip to the dessert by night replaces the buzz of Sharm el Sheikh with tranquil stargazing
- With the incredible marine life available on the East Coast, it’s no surprise that Sharm el Sheikh is a hit with those who want to combine sightseeing with going diving in Egypt
- Coral reef snorkeling can be sampled along with day trips to the stylish Terrazina Beach in Sharm el Sheikh
- There are also combo options available where you can also visit Jordan on a tour - this will be the experience of a lifetime
Popular Places to Visit on a Tour in Egypt
This is a general itinerary for the most popular destinations you will get to visit on a tour in Egypt...
- Meet & assist inside Cairo airport. Transfer to start Hotel.
- Free day to explore Cairo. The Islamic and Coptic areas of Cairo are a great taster and introduction to Egypt. At 6pm meet your Oasis Representative and group for an informal get together.
- Day tour of the Egyptian History Museum and Pyramids & Sphinx at Giza, accompanied by our Egyptologist guide. * Camel ride at Pyramids.
- Overnight train to Aswan by First Class Reclining or Nefertiti Style seats.
- Visit Philae Temple on Agilika Island with our Egyptologist Guide.
- Optional evening visit to a Nubian village to have dinner and spend time with a local family.
- With an Egyptologist Guide explore the great stone monuments of the Sun Temple built by Ramses II, deep in the southern desert at Abu Simbel.
- Free afternoon - Walk along the Corniche with its Nile riverside restaurants, mix with locals in the narrow market alleys, wander around Elephantine Island, or swim in the pool at our hotel with classic views over the Nile.
River Nile, Felucca
- Two days and nights aboard a traditional Felucca sailing boat, watching Egypt glide by and sleep under the stars.
- Time to explore the Temple of Kom Ombo and the Temple of Horus at Edfu.
- Transfer from Felucca to Luxor.
- Explore Luxor Temple with our Egyptologist Guide (entrance not included).
- Visit the tombs of the Valley of the Kings (and, for those that wish, the Valley of the Queens & Workers), accompanied by our Egyptologist Guide.
- Free afternoon - You can opt for a guided donkey ride through a local village, explore Luxor's sights and markets, or cool off in the hotel's roof top swimming pool.
- Visit the great Karnak Temple complex by horse drawn carriage, with our Egyptologist Guide. * After lunch, transfer through the desert to Hurghada on the Red Sea - Overnight at Hurghada.
- Cross the Red Sea by fast ferry to the Sinai Peninsula. (some companies use the fast ferry across the Red Sea, thus doing away with the very long 12hr bus journey and enabling an extra day in Dahab).
- Transfer to Dahab, the most relaxed and, for many, the most enjoyable place in Egypt.
- Snorkel in one of the world's top diving locations (optional).
- Opportunities to desert trek by camel or windsurf, visit St Catherine's Monastery and climb Mt Sinai, or simply relax on the beach.
Small Group Adventure & Budget Tours of Egypt
On our website you can find different activities and budget range tours where you can explore and discover this ancient country for yourself. There are lots of different tours and itineraries to choose from like exploring Cairo, seeing the Pyramids of Giza, cruising down the famous Nile, visiting ancient temples in Luxor or relaxing on beautiful beaches on the East Coast. There are lots of trips on offer too, you could join a 16 week trip from Cairo all the way down to Cape Town in South Africa, this trip is amazing way to see more of the continent. Prices vary depending on the trip and booking in advance is essential to secure a spot.
Egypt Family Tours
You can find tailor-made family adventure tours which in particular is an eye-opener for children whilst there are other unique experiences to be joined like spending an evening with a local Nubian family in Aswan, sharing their evening meal, trying out henna tattoos and finding out what everyday Egyptian life is like for them. Fun activities like riding a camel or taking a horse-drawn carriage are also included as well as some optional ones such as snorkelling in the Red Sea or taking a hot air balloon flight over the Valley of the Kings.
Alexandria Sightseeing Tours
Experience the magical ancient beach city of Alexandria in Northern Egypt on cultural tours which usually depart from Cairo. Trips start and finish in the Egyptian capital Cairo and highlights include seeing wondering around the souks, seeing the spectacular coast, and visiting the Roman Amphitheatre, Catacombs of Kom Ash-Suqqafa, Qaitbay fortress. You will have an experienced guide to show you around and provide more information on the places you visit. Hotel accommodation is provided and you will travel around by private tour vehicle. There is a maximum group size of 12 people per trip so booking in advance is essential to secure your place. Prices can vary depending on the operator, expect to pay around £250.
Egypt Tours for Solo Travellers
Our tours are perfect if you are travelling solo and would like to meet other people and travel in a group. You will get to meet other international travellers and get taken to the best locations in the country with an experienced guide.
Egypt Tours for 18 - 35's
Most of our tours specifically cater for the 18-35 age group and are a really popular option due to meeting other people, getting day-to-day activities, hotel check-ins, selected meals, accommodation and also transport/guides included in the price. Don't worry if you are slightly older, most tours accept all ages.
Egypt City & Day Tours
Short for time? Want to see the highlights as quick as possible? There are day tours available to book throughout the country. Popular options include city tours where a local guide will usually show you the sights. These types of tours can be booked as part of a group or you can spend a little extra and get a private tour. Some city tours are totally free but you might be expected to give a tip.
Usually travellers of the same sex will share a twin room, but there is also the option to pay a little extra and get a private room. Accommodation can vary depending on the tour and location. Some tours also include homestays which allow for a facsinating cultural exchange.
Typical group sizes are around 8-18 travellers with an average of 12 but this can vary between the tour and operator.
On most tours you will travel overland in a private small tour van. For day trips and excursions sometimes you will use public transport and sometimes use internal flights to allow you to see the highlights as quick as possible.
How to Book
Thinking about making an enquiry or booking? Search our featured trips above or contact us for specific advice.
Egypt Tour Reviews
Have you ever been on a tour? Would you like to review a company or tour? Contact us today.