Au Pair Jobs in the Netherlands
Experience the laid back lifestyle of the Netherlands and mix with friendly locals by applying to work as a nanny or au-pair! The Netherlands is an amazing country to live and work in, there are world famous cities like Amsterdam which is a popular choice for many - this is a great city to be an au-pair.
Guide to Working as an Au Pair in the Netherlands
You will usually work around 25 hours per week, a maximum of 30 but this really depends on your host family.
Role of an Au Pair in Netherlands
- Play / entertain children
- Help with homework
- Prepare and cook meals and snacks
- Take and collect children from school
- Do laundry
- Help with house chores
- Be a friendly and helpful face in the house
You will get lots of free time to explore your new surroundings including paid holidays where you can explore the country or continent.
Benefits of Working as an au pair in the Netherlands
- Placement with a carefully screened host family
- A private room and full board
- Pocket money, around 300 Euros per month
Most agencies ask for a long term commitment of 6 – 12 months and you can start any month of the year
To be an au pair in the Netherlands, you must:
- EU, EAA, U.S. or Canadian citizen (other nationalities can apply but it depends on the visa)
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30
- Be unmarried
- Have a high school diploma
- Have previous child care or babysitting experience, and have a genuine love of children
- Be able to commit to a placement
- Meet the Netherlands' visa requirements
- Complete a successful interview
There is no language requirement, since most people throughout the Netherlands speak English
If you apply through an international or local agency you will usually need to pay a fee.
Have you ever been to au pair in the Netherlands? Would you like to write about how you found the experience or review an agency? Write an article for us.
If you offer au pair jobs in the Netherlands and would like to be featured here please contact us.