TEFL Courses in Seattle, WA
Guide to Getting TEFL Certified in Seattle
So you are thinking about taking a TEFL course in Seattle? Our guide should provide you with everything you need to know about schools, courses, costs and booking information.
Requirements to Join a Course
- You will need to be aged 18+
- Course are open to people who reside in Seattle, people who live in the United States and people who live overseas
- If you are booking a course from outside of the United States you will need to be eligible for a tourist visa
Duration of Courses
Most courses are full-time and last around 4 weeks, this really depends on the course provider though.
Usually Monday - Friday, 9am to 6pm with lots of breaks.
Location of TEFL Courses in Seattle
Most TEFL courses are held in the city centre.
TEFL schools in Seattle are designed to the highest specifications with modern technology, free WiFi, a comfortable student lounge and friendly staff who will be able to help and provide information at anytime.
What You Will Learn
A TEFL course is designed to give you as much preparation as possible to teach abroad. You will learn in fresh and bright classrooms and lessons usually cover the following topics:
- Lesson planning and preparation
- Conducting a needs analysis
- Establishing learning objectives
- Language-learning theories
- Presentation, practice, and use of language
- Learner/teacher roles
- Learner styles/group dynamics
- Classroom management
- Culture and living overseas
- Textbooks/resources/testing/media & equipment
- How to get a job + résumé building
- Adapting/using appropriate lesson materials
- Language-learning strategies, including role-play, group, pair, and individual work
- Assessment of learners' language-learning achievements
What to Expect
You will learn in small groups and get lots of time to practise with role plays and discussions which will enhance your learning experience. Course have been running for several years and follow a method where you will be able to learn and improve your teaching skills and knowledge. Teachers encourage students to ask questions, work together and practice various teaching methods to improve as courses go on. Some TEFL schools arrange special classes where you can teach new EFL learners who are looking to improve their English skills.
All TEFL teachers are professional trained with years of experience helping students learn in a structured environment. Teaching practices are always updated and monitored to ensure a high pass completion rate.
TEFL Courses in Seattle cost around $2,500 for a recognised 4 week TEFL course. You will usually need to pay a deposit online in advance and then the full balance on arrival.
How to Register
You can registration your interest and book a course via our website today.
You can choose from:
- A family homestay
- Shared residence
- Private appartment
- During summer you can stay in a university residence
What to Do in Your Spare Time
Prospects After Completing a Course
TEFL training schools provide lifetime job guidance to all students and graduates and will help you secure a TEFL jobs overseas.
Help & Advice
If you have any questions about taking a TEFL course in Seattle or need any advice please contact us today. You might also like to view our other TEFL courses in the USA.
Recommend TEFL Schools in Seattle
New York TEFL Course Reviews
If you have ever taken a TEFL course in Seattle and would like to review a training school or course please get in touch to tell us about your experience.
Past Student Testimonials