TEFL Courses in Honolulu, Hawaii
Take a TEFL or TESOL course in Hawaii and get qualified to teach English overseas. Hawaii is one of the most spectacular places in the world to take a TEFL certification, expect beautiful beaches, vibrant culture, lively nightlife and lots of activities. View our guide and book a course today.
TEFL TESOL Certification Programs in Hawaii
Get TEFL Certified in Hawaii
- You will need to be aged 18+
- Course are open to people who reside in Hawaii, people who live in the United States and people who live overseas
- If you are booking a course from outside of the United States you will need to be eligible for a tourist visa
Duration of Courses
Most courses are full-time and last around 4 weeks, this really depends on the course provider though.
Usually Monday - Friday, 9am to 6pm.
Location of TEFL Courses in Hawaii
Most TEFL courses are held in the centre of Honolulu.
TEFL schools in Hawaii are designed to the highest specifications with modern technology, free WiFi, a comfortable student lounge and friendly staff who will be able to help and provide information at anytime.
What You Will Learn
A TEFL course is designed to give you as much preparation as possible to teach abroad. You will learn in fresh and bright classrooms and lessons usually cover the following topics:
- Lesson planning and preparation
- Conducting a needs analysis
- Establishing learning objectives
- Language-learning theories
- Presentation, practice, and use of language
- Learner/teacher roles
- Learner styles/group dynamics
- Classroom management
- Culture and living overseas
- Textbooks/resources/testing/media & equipment
- How to get a job + résumé building
- Adapting/using appropriate lesson materials
- Language-learning strategies, including role-play, group, pair, and individual work
- Assessment of learners' language-learning achievements
What to Expect
You will learn in small groups and get lots of time to practise with role plays and discussions which will enhance your learning experience. Course have been running for several years and follow a method where you will be able to learn and improve your teaching skills and knowledge. Teachers encourage students to ask questions, work together and practice various teaching methods to improve as courses go on. Some TEFL schools arrange special classes where you can teach new EFL learners who are looking to improve their English skills.
All TEFL teachers are professional trained with years of experience helping students learn in a structured environment. Teaching practices are always updated and monitored to ensure a high pass completion rate.
TEFL Courses in Hawaii cost around $2,500 for a recognised 4 week TEFL course. You will usually need to pay a deposit online in advance and then the full balance on arrival.
How to Register
You can registration your interest and book a course via our website today.
You can choose from:
- A family homestay
- Shared residence
- Private appartment
- During summer you can stay in a university residence
Prospects After Completing a Course
TEFL training schools provide lifetime job guidance to all students and graduates and will help you secure a TEFL job abroad.
Help & Advice
If you have any questions about taking a TEFL course in Hawaii or need any advice please contact us today. You might also like to view our other TEFL courses in the USA.
Recommend TEFL Schools in Hawaii
Hawaii TEFL Course Reviews
If you have ever taken a TEFL course in Hawaii and would like to review a training school or course please get in touch to tell us about your experience.
Past Student Testimonials
"I absolutely loved Hawaii." - Jon S, Albany, NY
"I would highly recommend taking a TEFL course in Hawaii, the course was fantasic." - Rob H, Chicago, IL
"I took a course last year which has really help my TEFL career." - Sarah D, Maryland, MD