Learn French in France
What better way to actually learn French, than in France! There are top rated French language schools and courses throughout France, so if you fancy city life or a more relaxing destination you will find a location to match your interests.
French Language Courses in France
Search great value French courses in France from the best language schools in the country.
Companies Offering French Language Courses in France
Find reputable French language schools in France.
A Guide to Studying French in France
Learning French in France is a fantastic opportunity to improve your language skills, learn about France, experience the French way of life and immerse yourself in the culture. Our guide to studying French in France includes information on the best places schools to study at, the cheapest place to take a language course, reviews and recommendations for the top rated language schools.
By the end of the course you will:
- Have developed your ability in conversational French to the point where you can converse on most subjects
- Be able to express opinions and discuss the points of view of others
- Have increased your level of accuracy in French communication
- Have a good understanding of advanced grammatical structures
- Have extended your knowledge of French and the local culture
Popular Places to Learn French in France
Top Reasons to Study French in France
- World famous country
- Lots of sights to see and things to do in your free time
- Meet other students from all over the world
- Get training from native qualified teachers
- Lots of reputable schools to choose from
- Practise everyday when out and about
- Perfect if you would like a structured gap year in France
- Once you have completed a course you will boost your chances of working in France
Types of French Courses in France
- Group Courses
- Private Tuition
- Gap Year Courses
- Exam Preparation
- A-level revision
- Teenage Courses
- Business Courses
- Over 50s Courses
- Language + Activity Combo Courses
- Summer & Christmas Courses
There are French classes which cover all levels of learning, from complete beginner (level A1) to advanced (level C1). Intensive, extensive and evening classes are available as well as private tuition. There are different packages available to where you can combine learning French with other activities like workshops, dance class and excursions,
Beginners French Courses in France
Course aim to introduce you to the basics of the French language with an introduction to structure, grammar and key phrases. Students should be able to: introduce themselves, spell words, give some personal information about their daily routines and hobbies, describe and identify people, order in a restaurant, book a room in a hotel and buy items in a shop.
Intermediate French Courses in France
The course aims to build upon students’ knowledge of the French language developing structure, grammar and key phrases. Students should be able to: understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment), communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters and describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
Advanced Level French Classes
These courses aim to build towards fluency and accuracy in verbal communication, concentrating on listening and speaking activities, backed up with writing and reading activities to build capability and advanced grammatical understanding.
- Course Start Dates: Usually Monday, every week of the year
- Lesson Duration: Usually 55 minutes for group classes and slightly longer for private classes
- Class Size: Average 6; Maximum 10
- Minimum Age: 16
- Schedule: Morning or Afternoon (Schedule determined by your school). Private lessons can be in the evening
- Suggested Check-In: One day earlier
- Price: Courses can be booked in Euros or other currencies if booked online through our website
Best French Language Schools in France
Language schools in France have world class facilities and native speaking teachers. Here are some of the top rated schools:
- Alliance Francaise - national schools
Berlitz - national schools
Institut de Francais in Villefranche
Centre Linguistique pour Etrangers in Tours
Institut International de Langue in Aix
Lyon Bleu International in Lyon
Accent Francais in Montepellier
Easy French Learning Institute in Marseille
Housing can be booked as part of a French language package, you can choose
- Flatshares with other participants
- Homestays where you can live with a local family
- Private room/apartment
If you stay with a host family you will get a private room, daily meals: breakfast, lunch & dinner daily, airport pick up, private/shared bathroom, bed linens, a key for access anytime. Your host family home is usually located within walking distance or a short tube/bus ride away from your selected language school.
Cost & How to Book
The price you pay usually depends on the course, school and duration. You will usually need to pay a registration fee which include:
- Course Material
- Welcome Pack
- Orientation & Walking Tour
- Free Wi-Fi, Computers and Internet Access
- Discounted Activities
- In-country Support
- 24/7 Emergency Line
- Course Certificate on Completion
If you need any help arranging a French language course in France please get in touch. You can search courses on our directory.
Discounted / Free French Lessons in France
Discounts are applicable when classes are booked by more than one person. Some schools offer incentives live free lessons if you recommend friends or other people who sign up.
French Language School Reviews
If you have ever joined a French course in France and would like to write about your experience, review a company or share any recommendations please contact us.
If you provide French courses in France and would like to be featured here please contact us.