Learn French in Canada
French is one of the official recognised languages of Canada and there are language schools located throughout the country offering courses to international students. Most classes can be booked in French speaking Montreal and Quebec. Search schools today.
French Language Courses in Canada
Search French language classes from the best language schools and companies in Canada.
Best Places to Learn French in Canada
Language schools in Canada provide a welcoming environment for you to learn French, you will get an experienced tuitor and also get to study with other students from all over the world. Popular places to study include:
Types of French Courses Available
There are lessons available for all levels and abilities, so wether you are a complete beginner or already know the basics you will find a course to match your level. The follow courses are the most popular:
- Intensive (20 lessons per week)
- Super-Intensive (25+ lessons per week)
- Intensive + Private Lessons
- Private Lessons one on one lessons
- Weekend crash courses
Language schools in Canada offer a range of organised activities including tours, cultural trips, skiing breaks and dance lessons. Places we recommend visiting include Niagra Falls, Quebec City, Toronto, Ottawa and the Rockies.
Study French in Montreal
Montreal is second largest city in Canada and is known as the country’s ‘cultural capital’ partly due to the amount of music, film and cultural events on throughout the year. Montreal has a tradition with live entertainment, famous bands like Arcade Fire were born and live here. The old town of Montreal is very scenic, here you can see various old buildings, cobbled streets and horse-drawn carriages - it is like going back in time! There is also a large shopping area and lots of nightlife and things to keep you busy during your spare time.
Best French Schools in Canada
Recommended places to study at include:
- Bouchereau Lingua International, Québec
- Ecole Quebec Monde, Québec
- M.I.I.L.A, Montreal
- Start Dates: Usually every Monday, every month of the year.
- Class Sizes: Most classes are small with a maximum of 9 students per class allowing you a focus learning experience.
- Teachers: French language courses in Canada are led by highly qualified native French speakers, who are very experienced in teaching to international students.
- Accommodation: Some language schools offer housing in the price of a package, or they will help you to find somewhere close to your selected language school. Options include staying with a carefully selected French speaking host family, or shared residence with other students. Private accommodation can also be booked at an extra cost.. We highly recommend choosing a local homestay with a local French-speaking Canadian host family. This is a great way to practise your language skills outside of the classroom and also immerse yourself in the Canadian culture. All families are carefully selected and have experience of hosting international students.
Canada French School Reviews
If you have ever taken a French course in Canada and would like to review your experience, a course or company please get in touch.
Do you offer French language courses in Canada? Would you like to feature courses here? Contact us today.