France Gap Year
There are so many amazing gap year programs in France where you can see world famous sights and enjoy this world famous country. The country is easy and relatively inexpensive to travel to because of the amount of flights to Paris that are available out of many major airports. Search gap year jobs and programs in France today.
Gap Year Jobs, Trips & Programs in France
Plan a Gap Year to France
Looking for the best things to do on a gap year in France? The following pages will help you book the ultimate experience:
- Study Abroad
- TEFL Courses
- Teach English
- Scuba Diving
- French Language Schools
France Gap Year Travel Ideas
Most people spend gap years working in France due to the amount of positions available but there are plenty of other opportunities available too. This country is one of the most popular destinations in the world and there are lots of alternative things to do and places to visit if you just want to spend your gap year sightseeing. If you are looking for adventure consider a summer break to the Alps where you can go walking, hiking, kayaking or just take in the stunning surroundings. In the South - Antibes has great beaches and it's likely you will only hear local French accents.
Gap Year Programs in France
- PGL offer a range of gap year jobs in France for both summer, winter and also all year round. Popular jobs include working as activity instructors, working a winter ski season, tour guide or as an administrator.
- If snow is your thing, you could turn a love for ski breaks into a job opportunity by heading to places like Val d’Isere for a 12-week BASI levels 1 & 2 Ski Instructor course. This will not only improve your skiing, giving you a qualification, but you will be eligible for a job at the end of it. If you don’t make the grade, you will be qualified and able to apply for ski instructor jobs anywhere in the world. If you want something more extreme, you could head to the northern most reaches of Europe and learn how to become an alpine guide. You will learn the ins and outs of Ski Mountaineering, Ice Climbing, Ski Touring and the hottest new activity in the mountains: heliskiing.
- For tours, we highly recommend Contiki who offer overland adventures through France and more of Europe.
Gap Year Jobs in France
If the idea of staying a little longer in France appeals to you why not apply apply to work here. There are lots of different gap year jobs in Paris and other areas of France during summer and all year round. Some are flexible and require no experience or knowledge of the language whilst other are more fixed and long term. Some positions include working as activity instuctors, teachers, tour leaders or working with children. There are so many great reasons you should consider applying!
Gap Year in Paris
Looking for gap year programs in Paris? Good decision. Paris is well known around the world for being one of the most beautiful city in Europe. Art, history, good food, magic atmosphere converge into this unique city that never fails to amaze its visitors. Almost everybody knows what are the must see of the city ( Tour Eiffel, Louvre, Arc de Triomphe, Champs Elysées, Moulin Rouge and so on). But if you take a gap year to Paris and find yourself there for a while you will have lots of time to see all the beautiful clichés and much more. Bellow we provide a run down of some of the highlighs of Paris which is one of the best cities in the world to visit on a gap year.
France’s most notable attraction is the Eiffel Tower, or La Tour Eiffel. Constructed in 1889 and visited by more than six million people annually, the Eiffel Tower has become a global icon and symbol of France. Visitors can climb steps or ride an elevator to the third and highest level of the tower, or stop at either of the first two levels. Tourists and Parisians alike enjoy lounging in the gardens and grassy lawns near the tower, leisurely having picnics or people watching. Another attraction France boasts is the Louvre Museum, or Musée du Louvre. The Louvre is one of the most visited art museums in the world and home to renown pieces of art such as the Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo along with thousands of other sculptures, paintings, drawings, and archaeological artifacts. The museum is housed in a 12th century palace. In 1988 the famous glass pyramids were constructed in the courtyard of the Louvre.
Notre Dame, located along the Seine River, is another of Paris’s top attractions. This cathedral is considered one of the most impressive examples of French Gothic architecture in Europe. Construction of the cathedral began in 1163. Along with appreciating the architecture, visitors are able to tour the cathedral and attend services. The Arc de Triomphe is another of city’s most impressive sites. This monument was built under orders by Napoleon Bonaparte, France’s military genius. The arch is a symbol of victory for the French people. There are over 280 steps to the top of the Arc de Triomphe, but when climbers reach the top they are rewarded. The views from the top of the arch are considered the best in Paris due to the central location of the monument.
Though not as large in size as The Louvre, Musée d'Orsay, is another of Paris’s top attractions. Housed in an old train station, this museum features thousands of pieces of modern art. It is the world’s largest collection of sculpture, paintings, and decorated objects between 1848 and 1912. The inside of the museum is light and airy and art is showcased in a very accessible layout, making it easy for visitors to see a lot of art in a small amount of time. The culture and beauty found in Paris will not disappoint, search gap year jobs and trips to Paris today.
Advice for Spending a Gap Year in France
- Paris is one of the most famous and best cities in the world but it is also very expensive - so you will need to budget accordingly if working there
- Nice and the South of France in spectacular
- Want to go for the paid teaching route? Consider taking a TEFL course and working as an English teacher
- You could apply to join a French language course in Paris
For more options check out our Europe gap year opportunities.