Learn English in Bournemouth
View our guide to learning English in Bournemouth - a fantastic city located on the South Coast of England. Bournemouth is a lively student town with thousands of international students studying English here every year, there are courses during summer and throughout the year. If you would like to learn or improve your English language skills we highly recommend choosing Bournemouth, search our recommended language schools and book a place today.
English Language Schools in Bournemouth
- Anglo European School of English www.angloeuropean.org
- Anglo-Continental www.anglo-continental.com
- Beet Language Centre www.beet.co.uk
- BBSI www.bbsi.co.uk
- BCC Bournemouth City College bournemouthcitycollege.com
- Bournemouth One to One www.bournemouth121.com
- British Study Centres www.british-study.com
- Capital School of English www.capitalschool.co.uk
- Cavendish School of English www.cavendishschool.com
- Chine Academy www.chineacademy.com
- EF Bournemouth www.ef.co.uk
- ETC International College www.etc-inter.net
- Eurocentres www.eurocentres.com
- Europa School of English www.europa-school.co.uk
- Kaplan International Colleges www.kaplaninternational.com
- Kingsmore International www.kingsmore.co.uk
- Kings English Schools website
- MLS International College www.mls-college.co.uk
- Regent www.regent.org.uk
- Richard Language College www.rlc.co.uk
- Southbourne School of English www.southbourneschool.co.uk
- The Scanbrit School of English www.scanbrit.co.uk
- Westbourne Academy www.westbourneacademy.com
Why Study English in Bournemouth?
- Bournemouth is in a spectacular location right on the ocean
- Warm sunny weather during summer
- The main beach in one of the best in the country and streches for over 10km long
- There are some great excursions available including Bath and Stone Henge
- There are lots of shops, cafes, international restaurants, cinemas, concert halls, clubs and entertrainment
- The locals are very friendly and often get voted the happiest in the UK
- There is a very relaxed atmosphere perfect for studying English and enjoying your surroundings
Getting to Bournemouth
- There is an airport in Bournemouth which is connected to destinations in Europe
- London is 2 hours 30 minutes away by bus or 1 hour 40 minutes away by train
- From Gatwick and Heathrow airports there are bus connections to Bournemouth
Types of English Courses in Bournemouth
Whether you are a complete beginner, or already know the basics you can find an English course to match your needs:
- Intensive English courses to help you learn English, and improve writing and communicating
- Preparation courses for IELTS (Cambridge English Language Assessment), First Certificate (FCE), Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), and TOEFL.
- Tailored Educational, Business and Professional English Courses
What You Will Learn
Teachers are native English speakers and have years of experience, you will be able to develop your listening, reading, writing and grammar skills through lessons and group activities. You will become more confident and improve your English language verbal and written skills.
Location of Language Schools
Most schools are located in the city centre. Bournemouth's city centre is quite small and you can reach everywhere by foot, there is also an efficient public transport system connecting the surrounding areas.
- Course Start Dates: Usually every Monday
- Lesson Duration: Around 1 hour, or all day with breaks
- Class Size: Average 6; Maximum 12. Uusally there are 3-9 people on courses and abilities are usually matched together
- Minimum Age: Students need to be aged 16+
- Schedule: Morning or Afternoon or sometimes evening
- Most Popular Time to Book: Summer - book ahead if you want to join a course during this period.
You can choose between:
- Homestays where you will live with a local family
- Private accommodation e.g. flat or room
- Hotels and bed & breakfasts
- Residential - in summer you can stay in university accommodation
How to Book a Course
You can search our featured English language schools above.
What to Do in Your Spare Time
Usually language schools provide organised events in the city and excursions to the surrounding areas. There is so much do see and do in the city and with the spectacular beaches so close you might want to learn to surf!
If you represent an English language school in Bournemouth and would like to promote your school and lessons here please contact us.
Have you ever been to study English in Bournemouth? Would you like to share your experience or recommend a language school? Leave your comments below.