TEFL Courses in Europe
Thinking about getting TEFL certified? Consider take a TEFL course in Europe! There are classroom courses located throughout the continent which can be booked through our website and joined all year round. We have helped thousands of teachers from around the world book courses in world famous cities to more relaxing towns and villages the choice is yours.
View TEFL Certification Courses By Country
- TEFL courses in Albania
- TEFL courses in Austria
- TEFL courses in Belgium
- TEFL courses in Bosnia
- TEFL courses in Bulgaria
- TEFL courses in Croatia
- TEFL courses in Cyprus
- TEFL courses in Czech Republic
- TEFL courses in Denmark
- TEFL courses in Finland
- TEFL courses in France
- TEFL courses in Germany
- TEFL courses in Greece
- TEFL courses in Hungary
- TEFL courses in Iceland
- TEFL courses in Ireland
- TEFL courses in Italy
- TEFL courses in Kosovo
- TEFL courses in Latvia
- TEFL courses in Lithuania
- TEFL courses in Malta
- TEFL courses in Moldova
- TEFL courses in Netherlands
- TEFL courses in Norway
- TEFL courses in Poland
- TEFL courses in Portugal
- TEFL courses in Romania
- TEFL courses in Russia
- TEFL courses in Serbia
- TEFL courses in Spain
- TEFL courses in Sweden
- TEFL courses in Turkey
- TEFL courses in Ukraine
- TEFL courses in United Kingdom
Guide to Getting TEFL Certified in Europe
Apply to take a TEFL course in Europe and get qualified to teach English abroad. Once you have completed a TEFL course you will have a qualification to seek employment anywhere in Europe or around the world. You can study for your TEFL Qualification in most European countries, where you go and when really depends on your time frame and interests. Europe is a very popular continent to take a TEFL course, there are language schools and TEFL organisations located throughout this region who can help you get qualified. There are lots of internationally recommended and acclaimed TEFL courses you can take, you will need to research all options as each different country offers a different experience. You can choose a start date and join TEFL courses anytime throughout the year.
Why Take a TEFL Course in Europe
By taking a TEFL course in Europe you will be taught very useful techniques and skills about teaching English, this will come in very useful when you teach English abroad, for example on most courses you will learn language skills like listening, speaking, reading and writing, get tips on how to plan lessons and also be given guidance on how best to lead lessons and help pupils. You do not need any qualifications to take a TEFL course and no previous teaching experience is needed, we list certification courses in countries throughout Europe so have a browse and see what takes your interest.
Best Places to take a TEFL Certification in Europe
The thought of living somewhere where you could get on a plane and within two or three hours being in a different country, with a different language, and a different culture, is incredibly exciting. With Europe on your doorstep, and cheap flight deals popping up all the time, taking TEFL courses in Europe are more popular and more affordable than ever, but deciding where to go can be tricky. Where you go really comes down to personal preference.
Types of TEFL Courses in Europe
- Online - If you are looking to get qualified on a flexible time frame or just want to the freedom to learn from anywhere in Europe we recommend signing up to an online TEFL course. You will be able to study in your own time and where ever in the world you desire, this means you won't need to attend any classes in person
- Classroom - Taking a classroom TEFL course in Europe is a very population option, you will learn with a teacher and also get to meet lots of other TEFL'ers. Most classes are very relaxed and you will learn a lot of new skills from an experienced teacher
In-class TEFL Training Courses Include
- Airport greeting and transfer upon arrival (in most locations)
- Comfortable, private accommodation
- Lesson preparation guided by qualified, experienced teacher trainers
- Comprehensive lesson planning, lesson evaluation and feedback
- Training sessions on language awareness, teaching skills and classroom management
- Observation of experienced teachers in a genuine classroom environment
- All course and teaching materials
- Observation of peers' teaching practice with actual students of English
- Additional career development seminars
- Access to support services and online teaching materials
What Your Will Learn
TEFL courses aim to provide a solid foundation for teaching English in Europe and elsewhere in the world. Upon completion of the Combined course, graduates will have a good working knowledge of the English grammatical system, a sound awareness of the skills and teaching techniques required for successful language teaching and experience of teaching actual students of English.
Here is a brief overview of what you will learn on a course:
- Basic principles of teaching
- Classroom Management
- Error Correction
- Lesson Planning
- Use of Visual & Audio Aids
- Teaching group classes: beginner, pre-intermediate, intermediate, advanced
- Conversational English
- Teaching grammar, reading, writing, listening, speaking, pronunciation
- Language Awareness
Classroom TEFL certifications cost around 1000 Euros and can be booked in multiple currencies. On our website you can find and book courses, for some you will need to pay a deposit or the full amount upfront. The course fees are inclusive of course-related lessons, materials, teaching practice, assessments, certificates, references, lifetime job assistance and more. There are no hidden costs or extra charges so the prices you see on the site are the prices you will pay.
Help & Advice
If you need any help arranging a TEFL course anywhere in Europe please get in touch. No matter where you go in Europe you are bound to experience a different culture and learn something new about the city or location you are studying in. No two people will have the same experience of the same city, which is what makes taking a TEFL course in Eurooe so great and so unique. The list of great places to study is almost endless.
Our top advice is, no matter where you go, would be this: research. Go online, get a guide book, or talk to people who have been there – find out what there is to do and see in a city before you go, and that way you will avoid missing out on anything (even if you decide not to do or see certain things). With a weekend TEFL course in Europe, time is limited, so knowing what it is you want to do and see while you are there will help you manage your time and fit everything in.
Europe TEFL Course Reviews
If you have ever taken a TEFL course in Europe and would like to add a review, write about your experience or share any recommendations write an article for our website.
"I got my TEFL certification in Spain with TtMadrid reviews which I really recommend. The course was intensive but the friendly staff made everything easier for us to learn and improve. TtMadrid reviews are very positive, they help you right from arrival!" - Sanj, India
If you provide TEFL courses in Europe and would like to be featured here please contact us.