Study Abroad in Australia
Interested in going to study in Australia? Check out our guide which includes information about popular destinations, featured study abroad programs, recommended universities, advice about scholarships and reviews.
Study Abroad Programs in Australia
Top Reasons to Study in Australia
Wondering why you should study abroad Down Under? Here are some of the
- World class cities
- Healthy outdoors lifestyle
- Thouands of international students
- Safe place to study and live
- Warm weather and beautiful beaches
- Well respected universities
- Higher standard of education
- Choice of courses
- A great way to spend a productive gap year in Australia
Top Rated Universities in Australia for International Students
Recommended universities for international students include:
- The Australian National University
- The University of New South Wales
- The University of Melbourne
- The University of Western Sydney
- Monash University
Visa, Eligibilty & How to Apply
If you want to study at a university or college in Australia you will need a visa.
Student visas are again divided into sub-sections; ELICOS sector student visa, school sector student visa, vocational, higher education, post grad and many more. ELICOS is for students wishing to study an English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students; vocational is for diplomas and visas like the higher education option are for people wanting to move to Australia in order to complete a university degree.
The requirements that you are able to obtain and maintain one of these student visas is that you must complete the full course you are moving to and that you can also provide sufficient proof that you are able to afford the tuition fees and living costs.
The following documents will also be required:
- Valid Passport - Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your period of stay in the Australia.
- Nonimmigrant visa application form
- Application fee payment receipt, as you are required to pay before your interview
- Confirmation of Enrolment Form (COE) To obtain a visa to study in Australia you must be fully enrolled in an Australian institution and receive a “Confirmation of Enrollment (COE)”. These forms are issued by the Australian institution you will be attending. The forms are usually issued after the tuition fees have been received.
- Acceptance letter from your host university, this will include the proposed study plan
- Letter from your current institution confirming status as a Study Abroad Student
- Overseas health insurance receipt
- 2 or 4 passport sized photographs
Additional documents may also be required.
It usually takes the Australian High Commission around 8 to 12 weeks to process an application depending on your background so we recommend applying as early as possible. As an international student, you must complete your course within the minimum course duration listed on your CoE. You must leave Australia after completion of your studies. If you wish to stay in Australia for your graduation ceremony, you may need to apply for a visitor class visa.
Application Help & Advice
If you need any help arranging a study abroad experience in Australia please get in touch,
Australia Study Abroad Reviews
If you have ever been to study Down Under and would like to share your experience please get in touch.
If you provide study abroad programs and would like to be featured here please contact us.
- Study abroad in New Zealand
- Internships for students in Australia
- Jobs for graduates in Australia
- Voluntary work in Australia