Scuba Diving in the Bahamas
The Bahamas is a unique destination to go scuba diving, there are over 700 islands many of which deserted and in the surrounding waters. This country is a popular destination to book a beginners package or more advanced dive course partly due to the crystal clear waters and amount of marine animals. You can see colourful coral, wrecks and plenty of marine life including hammerhead and reef sharks, turtles, wahoo, grouper, jacks, eagle rays and mahi mahi. There are beginners dive courses, cheap dive packages, liveaboard excursions and options for more advanced divers. You could also apply to become a scuba diving instructor as several local resorts offer diving jobs to foreigners in the Bahamas.
Scuba Diving Courses & Packages in Bahamas
Scuba Diving Centers, Shops & Resorts in Bahamas
Beginners Dive Packages in the Bahamas
The Bahamas is a very popular destination to learn to dive, there are lots of great value packages available to book all year round.
Best Places to Go Scuba Diving in the Bahamas
- Victory Reef is a popular location where you can explore caverns
- Eleuthera’s Cave Rock has several caves and corals submerged at only around 15 meters and the water is very clear making visibility perfect
- New Providence Island
- Grand Bahama Island
- Lucayan National Park
- Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park (Exumas)
- Long Island
- Pelican Cays Land and Sea Park
- Harbour Island
- The Towers in the Abacos
- Lost Blue Hole in Nassau
- Jeep Reef in the Exumas Land and Sea Park.
- Dog Rocks Reef in the Exumas
Best Time of the Year to Go Diving in the Bahamas
There is no best time of the year to go diving here, the Bahamas has a tropical climate with over sunny weather almost all year round.
Diving with Sharks in the Bahamas
The Bahamas is one of the few destinations in the world where you can go diving with sharks outside a cage. If you are brave enough and are seeking this adventure several local dive operators offer such trips. You might also like to search our rewarding volunteer opportunities in the Bahamas where you can help sharks and other marine species.
Bahamas Diving Facts
- Water temperatures average around 25C during the winter and 31C during the summer
- Surface temperatures are usually around 24-33C during the summer and 18-25C in winter
- Dive site depths range from 646 meters and visibility is a stunning 24 to 30 meters
Bahamas Scuba Diving Internships, Jobs & Careers
To get a dive job in the Bahamas you will need to contact local operators and check latest vacancies. You could also train to become a PADI divemaster here and then seek dive employment anywhere in the world.
Help / Advice
If you need any help arranging a dive course in the Bahamas please get in touch.
Bahamas Dive Reviews
If you have ever been diving in the Bahamas and would like to write about your experience, review a company or share any recommendations please contact us.
If you represent a dive centre in the Bahamas and would like to be featured here please contact us.