Learn Spanish in Paraguay
Considering going to Paraguay and want to study Spanish? Good choice. Paraguay is an incredible country to visit for an authentic experience, this destination is less touristy than others in South America and also Spanish courses are cheaper here than most countries nearby. There are well respected language schools located throughout the country in places like Asunción and Boquete. View our guide to learning Spanish in Paraguay and search our recommended language schools today.
Top Reasons to Study Spanish in Paraguay
- This country is less touristy than places like Chile and Argentina
- You will get a more authentic exprerience
- So many things you can do in your free time like see the Foz de Iguazu Falls as seen above
Popular Places to Study
- Ciudad del Este
- San Lorenzo
- Fernando de la Mora
- Pedro Juan Caballero
For more options view our guide to studying Spanish in South America.
Location of Schools
Most Spanish schools are located in Asunción, the capital and largest city of Paraguay. This city has a mix of new and old, there is colonical architecture, lots of photo opportunities and lots of places to eat. If city life is not appealing to you then we highly recommend learning Spanish in Boquete. This is a relaxing town located in the Caldera River and the Baru Volcano - expect green rolling hills and lots of eco touristm activities. Schools are usually modern with experienced teachers and free wifi.
Types of Courses Available
- Group lessons for beginners
- Individual / Private Lessons for intermediate levels
- Intensive / Immersion Group Courses for advanced levels
Recommended Spanish Schools in Paraguay
- Centro de Idiomas en Paraguay - IDIPAR
Cost of Courses
Price can vary depending on the school. Private lessons cost around US$8 per hour or for small group weekly courses expect to pay around US$100.
Free Spanish Lessons in Paraguay
If you make friends with locals you might also be able to do an exchange where you help locals improve their English and they give you free Spanish lessons in Paraguay!
Usually you will stay with a local host family but private accommodation can be arranged.
- Level: All language levels and abilities are accepted
- Age: Must be 18+
- Amounf of Lessons: Usually 4-6 per day (20-30 group or private lessons per week)
- Group Size: Around 4-8 students per class
- Duration: Lessons usually lasts around 50 minutes, and you can book a week or longer
- Days: Monday through Friday
- Currency: You can book and join courses all year round and payment is also accepted in US dollars.