Learn Portuguese in Rio de Janeiro
Find Portuguese language courses in Rio de Janeiro and experience living and exploring one of the most spectacular cities in the world. Rio is one of the most popular destinations for people seeking to learn Portuguese and it is easy to see why. This city is famous for beautiful white sandy beaches, lush green mountains and famous landmarks like the Christ Redeemer statue perched high above the city. On our website you can book Portuguese language classes in Rio or search recommended local language schools.
Brazilian Portuguese Language Courses in Rio de Janeiro
Guide to Learning Brazilian Portuguese in Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro is one of the most incredible cities in the world, not many places in the world compare. Studying Portuguese in Rio de Janeiro is an amazing opportunity to improve your language skills and learn more about Brazilian life and culture whilst also getting to see spectacular places in your spare time. On our guide you can also get advice for cheap Brazilian Portuguese language courses in Rio, read reviews and find top rated language schools.
Top Reasons to Study in Rio
- Experience the vibrant atmosphere of one of the most iconic cities in the world
- Cultural immersion - the best way to learn a new language is to do go overseas and speak all the time
- Friendly Portuguese speaking natives who you can practise your new language skills with
- See amazing beaches like Copacobana and Ipanema
- You could time classes with Carnival or the Olympics
- Meet other students from all over the world
- 1 week to 12 months, subject to visa requirements
- All year round, you choose your start and finish dates
- No qualifications needed, there are courses for complete beginners and more intermediate levels
Location of Language Schools
There are schools dotted all around the city in places like Copacobana and Centro, both are very easily located by public transport and easily to get to by bus, metro or walking. Language schools in Rio have fantastic modern facilities like clean and comfortable classrooms, tv and dvd players, air-conditioning, computers, free internet and WiFi.
Recommended Language Schools in Rio de Janeiro
- Caminhos Language Centre offer private and group Portuguese lessons in Ipanem and can also arrange accommodation, activities and volunteer placements.
- Travellers Worldwide offer 2 week beginners Portuguese language courses with flexible start dates throughout the year
- Casa do Caminho Language Centre, Rio de Janeiro
- Carioca Languages, Rio de Janeiro
- Wide Vision, Teresópolis, Rio de Janeiro
- Rio&Learn, Rio de Janeiro
What's Included in Most Language School Packages
- Language class placement
- Pre-departure support and assistance
- Airport pickups (depends on the school)
- Transfer to your accommodation
- Local in-country support
- Certificate of Completion
- Some courses include combo volunteering progams in Rio de Janeiro where you can help locals and practise your language skills
What's not Included
- Cost of Visas (if a visa is required)
- Return transfer to airport
Who can Book
- Language classes are open to all nationalities and all ages 17 and over
- Suitable for anyone interested in studying abroad, learning Portuguese or gaining a new skill for their CV or Résumé, or expanding their learning for university credit or requirement
There are three accommodation options available:
- A local homestay
- Shared accommodation with other participants
- Private accommodation which will cost an extra fee
What to Do in Your Spare Time
Language schools in Rio usually organize social and cultural activities and excursions which will help you see new places with a guide who will help you learn more about the city. There is so much to do in Rio, you will never be bored! You could:
- Watch a football game
- Go in search of the best beach
- Party in Lapa
- See world famous sights like Christ the Redeemer and Sugarloaf Mountain
- Take a day trip to the spectacular island of Ilha Grande
Need Help Booking a Language Course in Rio?
If you need any help arranging a Portuguese language course in Rio please get in touch. You might also like to view all of our Portuguese language courses in Brazil.
Rio de Janeiro Language Course/School Reviews
If you have ever joined a Portuguese course in Rio and would like to write about your experience, review a company or share any recommendations consider writing an article for us.
If you offer Portuguese language courses in Rio and would like to be featured here please contact us.