is a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to the welfare and preservation of native species.
The Wild Animal Rescue Foundation of Thailand (WARF) is in need of almost everything: equipment, personnel and finances. By being an ecovolunteer for any of WARF's projects you will support the project and WARF's work in two ways: with the rehabilitation and with your donation.
You have to be available for at least three weeks. Depending on the duration of your stay, your education and experience, you may participate in the following activities:
* Assist the Animal Keepers (preparing food, feeding)
* Assist in the research (for instance behavioural research). The way the released gibbons spend their time is observed. Behavioural elements are registered, for instance: territorial behaviour, urinating, threatening behaviour towards the observers, coughing, sneezing, foraging, abnormal behaviour and singing. Special emphasis lies on dominant behaviour, the place of the individuals in the group, explorative behaviour and their behaviour towards people, e.g. the observers.
* Building and maintaining the cages.
* Daily cleaning of the cages.
* Giving talks to tourists, telling them of your experiences and those of the animals at the project as well as enlightening them on the current situation of the wildlife protection in Thailand.
* Teaching in your native language to local schools
Have you booked with Wild Animal Rescue Foundation of Thailand (WARF)? Please share your experience and submit your review.