Top 5 Reasons to Learn a Foreign Language
Here are 5 quick and easy reasons why you should learn a language when visiting a new country...
1. It shows respect to the country and its people
There is nothing more special than being in a new country and traveling like a local, you will enjoy a more fulfilling experience when you know even the most basic words and phrases.
2. It will improve the experience
You will have a far better experience if you are able to ask for information in the language and maybe even negotiate prices for doing things. You may even miss out on events and trips if you don’t know the language.
3. Interact with locals
There is nothing better than seeing someone smile because you have greeted them in their language.
4. Learning a new language has never been easier
It is so easy these days to learn simple words and expressions as there are so many free apps available to help you learn the basics or you could book a language course abroad.
5. You’ll gain a new insight
The culture of a country is caught up in their language and you therefore learn so much by learning a language that you may not have known before.
By Alison Laycock @alisonlaycock23
We have an exciting selection of foreign language courses in destinations all around the world. Popular options include:
- Spanish language courses in Spain
- Spanish language courses in Central America
- Spanish language courses in South America
- Chinese language courses in China
- Portuguese language courses in Brazil
- Russian language courses in Russia
- German language courses in Germany