5 Advantages of Studying MBBS Abroad for Indian Students
Studying MBBS is a dream for most of the students in India. From childhood, parents, teachers and influential people in Indian society recommend studying either engineering or medicine. If there are two children in a household, the chances are one will be an engineer and the other will be a doctor. This is the dream of most of the Indian parents. Although engineering seats have increased drastically over the years, this is not the case with MBBS. Let’s look at a couple of stats to understand this further.
- There are approximately 50,000 MBBS seats available all over in India whereas 10 lakh students appear in various All India and state level entrance tests every year.
- This means, every year, only 5% of the students aspiring to become a doctor will achieve their goals.
- There are a total of 335 medical colleges in India out of which 181 are private institutions and 154 are government run institutes.
- Most of the private institutes have a capitation fee ranging from 15 to 20 lakhs with an yearly fee of 4 to 5 lakhs. For any middle class family, even if the student secures a seat through entrance tests, MBBS still remains a forbidden fruit due to astronomical fee structure of the private institutes.
But, all hope is not lost. Aspiring doctors can now study MBBS abroad to make their dreams come true, that too at a very reasonable fee structure. Students and parents tend to have their doubts or be apprehensive about MBBS admission in abroad. But, world has become a global village now. Studying MBBS in abroad has become more easy and comfortable than ever before.
Let’s look at the 5 of the many advantages for Indian students to study an MBBS abroad...
1. No Donation or Capitation Fee
As informed earlier, private institutes in India have huge amounts of donation or capitation fee, apart from the yearly fee. This is not the case for colleges or universities abroad. Most of the MBBS colleges in China, Russia, Ukraine etc. have no donation or capitation fee. Even the tuition fee is very low in comparison to the Indian private colleges ranging from Rs. 2.5 Lakhs to Rs. 4.5 Lakhs every year.
2. No Entrance Test for Admission
Unlike India, there is no entrance test required to secure admission in an MBBS college. Admission will be strictly based on your performance in 12th standard and first-cum-first-serve basis. Students with more than 75% in their 12th standard are given preference.
3. Extremely Low Cost of Living
This is the part where most of the students and parents worry and take a back step. Although most of the foreign countries to study MBBS in are from Europe, the living cost is relatively cheap. Take Ukraine for example. Studying MBBS in Ukraine for Indian students will be quite cheap as most of the students can survive with as low as $100 and $200 per month. Even when studying in Asian countries like China, living cost will be as low as Rs. 7000 to Rs. 14,000 per month. Obviously, this also largely depends on student’s lifestyle.
4. World Class Infrastructure
All the campuses across Russia, Ukraine, China, Philippines have world class structure with modern equipment in hospitals. For instance, MBBS study in Ukraine will be very fruitful as most of the universities in Ukraine are of high standard and globally recognized by WHO, UNESCO, European Council etc.
5. International Exposure
As students will wanting to study abroad in a foreign country and get to meet fellow students who are also from different countries, backgrounds and ethnicity, students will get international exposure which will greatly help them in settling down. Countries like China also have huge population which provides a great opportunity for medical students to get exposed to large patient inflow.
These are 5 of the many advantages of studying MBBS in abroad. It has its share of disadvantages also but mostly the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. So realize your dream of becoming a doctor by going for MBBS admission in abroad. Get in touch with a global education consultant to learn about all the details clearly.