Ukraine Travel Guide
Ukraine is a really underrated destination and you will be suprised at how many sights and experiences are available. If you would like to travel to the Ukraine view our guide and recommendations.
Travel to Ukraine
Get tips and inspiration for the best things to do if you would like to go travel, go backpacking, take a gap year, work, volunteer, teach or study in the Ukraine.
- Capital: Kiev
- Currency: Hryvnia (₴)
- Country Size: 603,550 km2
- Population: 45,888,000 (approx)
- Language: Ukrainian and other regional languages like Russian
- Dailing Code +380
- Health & Safety: Due to on going troubles with neighbouring Russia you will need to check latest safety information. The current situation is quite calm compared to 2014 but check latest details before departing.
Top Reasons to Visit Ukraine
- Great value for money on accommodation, sightseeing and activities
- Authentic experience much less touristy than nearby countries like Russia
- Go off the beaten track and see amazing destinations
- Taste the local cusine and mix with friendly locals
Best Places to Visit in Ukraine
There are so many places you should consider adding to your itinerary, here are some of the top places:
- Carpathian Mountains
- Sofievka Park, Uman
Travelling in Ukraine
Ukraine is a quite an off the beaten track destination but was brought to the worlds attending when it co-hosted the European Football Championships in 2012. When you think of Ukraine you probably think about a cold country located close to Russia made famous by a good football team and also the heavyweight boxers Vitali and Wladimir Klitschko who have put this country on the world map.
If you are looking for an authentic experience in Ukraine then our small group adventure holidays will appeal to you. You will get to journey overland and see more of Ukraine with a guide on a package tour. Popular places you will get to visit include the Dnipro River, Odessa, National Parks, the Black Sea, Carpathian Mountains and also Lviv and Kyiv. You can also visit the the medieval town of Kamyanets-Podilsky, wander the streets of the capital Kiev or if you are seeking adventure you could head to Chornobyl.
You will travel by bus, metro, minibus and overnight sleeper train experiencing historical and cultural sites along the way. There is a maximim number of 12 people per holiday so you will need to book in advance to secure your place.