Maldives Travel Guide
The Maldives is one of the most spectacular places in the world and consists of over 1,000 islands! If you would like to see spectacular beaches, incredible resorts, enjoy a warm tropical climate, go swimming in the Indian Ocean, explore coral reefs, check out crystal lagoons, go island hopping or do something unique then the Maldives will appeal to you.
Activities & Things to Do in the Maldives
Travel to the Maldives
View our comprehensive Maldives travel and backpacking guide with tips, ideas for the best things to see and do and information about itineraries, costs, how to save money, and more!
Our destination guide aims to give you all the information you need to have an amazing experience in this amazing country. Find affordable travel, backpacking and gap year ideas with advice for amazing things to do and how you can be more than just your average traveller.
Get inspired to visit today!
- Capital: Male
- Currency: Rufiyaa (MVR)
- Area: 300 km2
- Population: 360,000 (approx)
- International Dialing Code: +960
- Health & Safety: The Maldives is a very safe destination which is also one of the newest democracies in the world but due to the low level and location this country is under threat from climate change and rising waters. This destination is very very hot and you will need to pack light clothing and also lots of sunscreen
Top Reasons to Visit the Maldives
View our top reasons to book an experience in the Maldives with One World 365...
- Escape the tourist resorts
- Do something more rewarding than sunbathing
- Experience some of the best islands and beaches in the world
- Interact with local people
- Meet other people from all over the world - make new friends for life
- Create memories to last a lifetime
Travelling & Backpacking in the Maldives
The Maldives has amazing white beaches with crystal clear waters and five star tourist resorts. In your spare time you can go island hopping to see deserted islands and spectacular white sandy beaches. The Maldives is surrounded by water and in your spare time you will have plenty of time to relax, go swimming and take lots of pictures to make all your friends and family jealous.
If you dream of visiting the Maldives and would like to do something unique then our travel experiences will appeal to you. You will get integrated into the local culture and experience a laid back lifestyle which a lot of people describe as paradise - this will appeal to anyone seeking to something more rewarding than just sunbathing.
Gap Year in the Maldives
Spend a gap year in paradise and arrange a trip through our website! The Maldives is a luxury travel destination - ask anyone where would be their dream holiday and this country usually comes top but not many people know you can spend a gap year here. If you apply there will also be lots of time to relax on amazing beaches or going swimming / snorkelling in crystal clear waters, you'll also be able to mix with locals, get to understand how they live and make all your friends jealous.