Teach English in Mexico
Mexico which is a country which attracts thousands of foreign teachers every year and you can teach English in Mexico without a college / unviersity degree. You can find paid TEFL jobs in places like Cancun, Cuernavaca, Guadalajara, Mexico City (Ciudad de Mexico), Monterrey, Oaxaca, Playa del Carmen, Puebla, Tulum.
Teaching, Language & TEFL Jobs in Mexico
Apply to Teach in Mexico
Thinking about teaching abroad? Mexico is one of our top recommended destinations and our guide should provide you with the information you need to get started. Apply to work as a teacher in Mexico. Search language schools and international TEFL organisations who offer job placements and paid work throughout the country. Working as an English teacher in Mexico is a really exciting experience, this is a great country to live and work.
Best Places to Teach English in Mexico
- Mexico City, a huge city where a lot of language schools are located
- Playa del Carmen
- Isla Mujeres - a very beautiful and safe destination to teach. The crime rate is very low and a naval base, coast gaurd base and police station are located on the island.
You can find English teaching jobs throughout the country and there is a large demand for native English speakers. TEFL employment is mainly found in large populations of people for example Oaxaca, Mexico City, Juarez and Monterrey. You could find teaching work in a large city like Mexico City or head to the spectacular East coast and teach English in Cancun or Playa del Carmen - both spectacular settings. For more options view our guide to teaching in Central America.
Where to Seek Employment
A lot of English teaching jobs in Mexico can be found in schools, colleges, universities or located in language schools or by leading private lessons, this is usally to employees of large multinational companies who need to train their staff to understand and communicate in English.
Best Time of the Year to Get a Teaching Job in Mexico
Teaching jobs in Mexico can be found all year round, there is no popular or best time to find work. Sometimes you might be required to have an interview in person or over the phone. Start planning a trip to teach abroad in Mexico today with our website.
Where to Find TEFL Jobs in Mexico
The best places to find TEFL jobs in Mexico is applying at English language schools where you can teach adults or giving private lessons to individuals, companies and business professionals.
- Typical Hiring Process: You will usually need to be interviewed in-person or via e-mail/skype/phone in advance
- Average Working Week: You can usually expect to teach around 20–25 hours of classroom classes per week + extra if you do private lessons.
- Salary: You can expect to be paid around £500 - £800 (US$800 - 1200 USD / 10,000 - 16,000 MXN).
- Cost of Living: You should be able to break even and also save money when teaching in Mexico. It really depends on where you are living and working to how much costs like rent and food are. You will usually need to pay for flights and accommodation as it is very rare to find an employer who will cover this for you.
- Help / Advice: If you need any help arranging a teaching jobs in Mexico please get in touch.
Mexico Teaching Reviews
If you have ever taught in Mexico and would like to write about your experience, review an agency or share any recommendations please contact us.
If you offer teaching jobs in Mexico and would like to be featured here please contact us.