Work in Denmark
Thinking about applying to work in Denmark? This is a very appealing destination for foreigners and there are lots of jobs in Denmark in areas like IT, healthcare, education, farms, hotels and hospitality and also seasonal positions available during summer and all year round. View our guide to getting a paid job in Denmark.
Seasonal, Summer, Internships & Working Holiday Jobs in Denmark
Find seasonal vacancies, work experience & internships and short term & temporary jobs in Denmark for English speakers & foreigners.
A Guide to Working in Denmark
Denmark has a high standard of living and there are so many reasons why you might want to work here.
We get a lot of e-mails from English speakers with questions about how hard is it to work in Denmark. In reality gaining paid work here can be tricky and there are easier destinations in Europe. If you are looking for employment in Denmark from outside of the Europe and the EU from other worldwide countries like India, you will need to check if you are eligible for a visa.
Working in Denmark without speaking Danish is tough, but not impossible. You will need to pass a language exam to gain a green card - so putting effort into learning the language will really help you. Although most Danes speak very good English, finding employment in Denmark is not easy if you don’t speak Danish. You might want to check recommended Danish language schools in Denmark and book a course in advance.
There are lots of hotels, hostels, bars and restaurants which employ foreigners and these can be more flexible when it comes to language skills. Another option is applying to volunteer in Denmark, although un-paid, it will be a really worthwhile cultural experience where you can mix with locals and gain experience.
Top Reasons to Work in Demark
- Working life in Denmark is very relaxed
- Denmark is one of the happiest nations on Earth with friendly local people
- High standard of living
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Lots of cultural sights, restuarants, bars and things to keep you busy
- Experience getting paid to live somewhere like Copenhagen
Popular Places to Work
You can find work throughout the country, the best places to apply include:
Popular Places to Gain Employment
- Campsites which are popular during summer and a lot of times you will not need to know a lot of the language
- You could work as an au pair looking after children, wages can be low but you will get free accommodation
- There are various agriculture and farm vacancies in Denmark during summer and spring. You could pick strawberries in June or July, cherries in July and August and apples in September andOctober.
- If you are planning a gap year to Denmark you might want to consider working in hostels
- You might want to consider teaching English in Demark
Best Recruitment Websites to Gain Employment in Denmark
- Offical Danish government website for international job seekers recruitment
- IT Jobbank
Jobs in Denmark for Foreigners & Non-EU Citizens
Are you interested to find job vacancies in Denmark but not sure if you are eligible as you are not from a country in the EU? We get lots of enquires from people from all around the world including countries like India and South Africa who are keen to secure employment in Denmark but as you might have realised this isn't that simple.
There are several way how you can find jobs in Denmark as a non-EU citizen. Some companies offer jobs in Denmark for Indian, South African and other nationalities but to get hired you will need to be eligible for a work visa or have a company offer you a position.
Our best advice is to contact the recruiters listed on our website who will be able to help you secure work legally in the country.
Internships in Denmark
Keen to gain work experience? Apply to intern abroad in Denmark! Find placements in places like Copenhagen. Usually you will need to be 17+ and companies recruit students, graduates and anyone seeking experience. If you do not know any of the local language you might want to book a Danish course in Denmark.
Denmark Internship & Recruiter Reviews & Testimonials
If you have ever been to intern or work in Denmark and would like to share your experience contact us today.
If you would like to advertise jobs in Denmark to an international audience please contact us.