Internships in France
Whether you are drawn to the beautiful architecture and boutiques of Paris, the sandy beaches of the Mediterranean, the rustic charm of village life, or the slopes of the Alps, a world full of art, romance, history and style awaits you.
Intern Programs in France
Search structured & paid summer & year round internships in France.
Guide to Interning in France
If you are thinking about interning abroad then France is a fantasic destination to consider. With world famous cities, a relaxed culture, tasty food and the opportunitiy to immerse yourself in a new culture - this will be an amazing experience. Summer internships in France are very popular and you will need to register your interested a few months earlier to stand a good chance of getting a place. View more information about the types of opportunities, companies and application criteria below.
Joining an internship in France allows you to immerse yourself in a foreign language and experience the joie de vivre. You will enjoy the ease and peace-of-mind of being on a complete support programme with everything from pre-departure advice, through to transport and accommodation when you arrive, and help with getting a placement. There are paid and structured internships available to join during summer and all year round. Popular places to intern in France include Aix-en-Provence, Grenoble, Hyeres, Lyon, Montpellier, Nice, Paris, Perpignan and Toulouse.
Popular Places to Intern in France
You can find placements throughout the country, these destinations are recommended:
- Grenoble, Hyeres
View all internships in Europe.
Types of Internships Available
- Administration, Business, Accounting, Finance
- Arts, Advertising, Journalism, Marketing, Media, Photography, Publishing, PR, Sales
- Biology, Medical & Healthcare, Veterinary
- Education, Social Work
- Hotel & hospitality, human resources
- IT, Creative, Graphic & Interior Design, Fashion
- Law & Human Rights
- Linguistics, Translation
- NGO & Charity
- Sustainable Development, Tourism
Start Dates & Duration
- You can join all year round
- You will usually need to start on a Monday
- Internship duration: 6 weeks - 12 weeks + longer on request
- Placements are available for participants aged 18 yrs +
- Most Nationalities can apply as long as you are eligible for a visa
- You will need an up to date CV (preferably written in French), an application letter and a photocopy of your passport.
- You might need to take a phone interview before joining to assess suitability
- If you live in a country like India you will need to apply through an agency in your home country
- Please note the cost of living in France is higher than in other internship destinations
- You need at least beginner level of the French language. Even though staff might be able to speak English you are likely to be working on written/spreaking internships and so basic knowledge of written, speaking and reading is recommended.
Paid Internships in France
Looking to join a paid intern program in France? There are companies throughout France who offer paid internships to locals and also internationals. These placements can be very competative so you will need to put a stong application together. Also check eligibility and requirements before applying, some companies might need you to be fluent in French or commit a certain amount of time.
Summer Internships in France
Would you like to spend your summer gaining work experience? Why not consider a summer intern program in France. There are placements throughout the country which are perfect if you are a student and looking to gain experience during your break from studies.
How to Apply
Search placements on our directory. Or if you need any help arranging an internship in France please get in touch.
France Internship Reviews
If you have ever joined an internship in France and would like to write about your experience, review a company or share any recommendations please contact us.
If you offer internships in France and would like to be featured here please contact us.