Internships in Costa Rica
Interested in gaining work experience? Find internships in Costa Rica for foreigners. Choose from a range of industries.
Intern Programs in Costa Rica
Top Reasons to Intern in Costa Rica
This country is appealing for so many reasons, there is spectacular nature, a booming tourism industry, exotic wildlife and a range of internship programs available in areas like media, journalism, conservation and tourism in places like San Jose.
- A developing country
- Gain experience for your CV/resume
- Choice of placements
- Make new business contacts and friends from all over the world
- Beautiful country which you can see more of in your spare time
Popular Places to Intern in Costa Rica
- San Jose
Types of Placements Available
You can intern in a wide range of industries and fields of work including:
- Sustainable Development Internships in Costa Rica
- Tourism Internships in Costa Rica
- Restaurant Management Internships in Costa Rica
- Media & Journalism Internships in Costa Rica
- Medical, Healthcare & Social Work Internships in Costa Rica
- Marketing Internships in Costa Rica
- Biology, Conservation & Marine Internships in Costa Rica
- Education Internships in Costa Rica
- Vetinerary & Animal Care Internships in Costa Rica
Paid Internships in Costa Rica
Most internships in Costa Rica are unpaid due to visa restrictions allthough some companies do offer a montly stipend depending on the position. Most internships in Costa Rica require itnernational interns to pay a fee to participate. This forms part of a structured and safe placement which usually includes:
- Internship placement and supervision
- Airport pick-up
- Housing – homestay
- Spanish language training
- Social and cultural activities
- Travel Insurance
- 24/7 emergency support
- Support during your stay
UK and U.S. citizens + a selection of other nationalities do not need a visa if you plan to stay for 3 months of less. If you are planning to join a longerm internship program in Costa Rica then you might need to apply for a temporary residency but this depends on the position and company.
Cost of Living
Cost Rica is quite an expensive intern destination compared to other countries in Cental America. But it is a lot cheaper than other countries interning in the USA and Canada. Some internships include accommodation in the price, or if you are organising a position independently you can expect to have around US$500 outgoings per month (rent, food, transport).
How to Apply
You can search our featured internships and apply above.
Reviews & Testimonials
Have you ever been to intern in Costa Rica? Would you like to share your experience or review a company/placement? Contact us today.
“This program is not only a wonderful way to get more involved in ecological research, but also an awesome cultural opportunity,” Jennifer Cheatham, Costa Rica Intern with The Science Exchange
"I interned in Costa Rica with GVI at the age of 21 in Costa Rica and have been working with the company ever since! It has been a fantastic opportunity and I know will pay off as I continue to build and develop as a person and in my career!" - Alyssia, USA