Gap Year in Cuba
If you have ever dreamed about visiting icon destinations like Havana, or visiting some of the best beaches in the Caribbean then Cuba will appeal to you. Find gap year programs in Cuba perfect for students and graduates where you will be able to experience the unique culture and heritage whilst enjoy the sights and sounds of the country.
Cuba Gap Year Trips, Programs & Travel Ideas
Plan a Gap Year to Cuba
If you are researching ideas for the best things to do on your gap year in Cuba our directory will help you plan the dream experience. Expect colonial architecture, Che Guevera murals, lively nightlife, white sandy beaches, salsa and 1950s cars - not many countries compare to this.
- Exploring Havana seeing incredible old buildings and cars
- Going island hopping
- Joining a structured program
- Practising your Spanish
Cuba Gap Year Tips
- Try to pick up some basic words and phrases this will make the whole experience easier
- If you are worried about travelling solo or the language barrier book a structured experience
- Cuba isn't the cheapest destinations in the world so if you are looking to backpack on a budget you might want to search other destinations in this region
- Book flights in advance to secure the best deals
"I initially didn't have Cuba on my round the world trip but I managed to get a cheap flight from the US so I jumped at the chance. This country is so real, no fast food joints and things like that. Just go and get there soon before it gets ruined." - Jon, UK