We are a non-profit organization helping improve the quality of life of rural, Mapuche families from Southern Chile.
We believe volunteer work is a tool for social, cultural and economic development, a way to enrich and improve our quality of life by using commitment and solidarity to overcome poverty in the poorest rural areas of the Araucania region in Chile.
We accept both Chilean and foreign volunteers who are professionals or university students who, for no charge, will work with programs that need support and that lack sufficient resources to hire more staff.
The programs are conducted in the culturally attractive region of the Araucania in Chile. Volunteers have the opportunity to learn about a region inhabited by the greatest number of indigenous Mapuches in the country.
Advantages of our Volunteer Program
* No registration or application cost
* We offer a pleasant work environment and staff with ample experience working with foreigners and with the indigenous communities in the region
* Team work and individual work is available
* We look for a place where our volunteers can live in the warm and friendly atmosphere of a Chilean family
* We orient you upon arriving in Temuco and at the Foundation
* If we have no vacancies open, we offer contact with other volunteer organizations in the region
The availability of volunteer jobs changes over time, but the following areas receive ongoing support:
* Searching for Funding: through international, private or government cooperation
* Product and environmental design
* Project Formulation and Development
* Marketing & Communications
* International Business
* Medicinal Plants
To find a specific current need, please contact email@example.com, and we will look into how we can use your support. Thank you!
To volunteer at the Chol-Chol Foundation, the applicant must be able to finance his or her international transportation and arrival to the Foundation in the city of Temuco.
In addition, the volunteer should have approximately $350 (US) per month to adequately cover food, board and local transportation.
Contact us for more information.
To qualify for a volunteer position at the Chol-Chol Foundation, applicants must meet the following requirements:
* Have an adequate level of spoken and written Spanish
* Possess a university degree or be in the process of obtaining one
* Be able to finance his/her complete stay in Chile
* Stay for a minimum of 4 months with the organization
* Have a strong interest in the affairs of the Mapuche culture and rural Chile
* Desire to learn and share with people from a different culture
* Have patience and flexibility with cultural differences
How to Apply
1. Meet the requirements of the Chol-Chol Foundation
2. Complete the application form and attach resume
3. Perform a brief telephone or personal interview
Have you booked with Chol Chol? Please share your experience and submit your review.