Volunteer with Koalas
Search volunteer projects and jobs with koalas. There are wildlife sanctuaries located throughout Australia in places like Sydney, Brisbane and Perth who recruit local and international volunteers to help.
Activities can include:
- Food preparation, washing dishes and participating in feeding the animals
- Cleaning and assisting with refurbishing animal enclosures
- Raking and sweeping is a substantial part of this role, so be prepared for a physical day.
- Assisting the keepers with other duties
- Customer service and communication skills
- Good attention to detail and time management
- Positive mental attitude with a willingness to learn
- Able to think on feet and enjoy a challenge
- Work well both as part of a team and autonomously
- Present in a professional manner
- Have a passion for wildlife
Top Rated Sanctuaries
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary in Brisbane is the world’s first and largest koala sanctuary.
The Koala Hospital in Port Macquarie New South Wales has a popular international volunteer program