Volunteer in Manchester
Are you interested in volunteering in Manchester? There are lots of organisations and charities which are seeking full and part volunteers and all year round. You could help communities, elderly people, animals and the environment.
Volunteering Jobs & Charity Work in Manchester
Guide to Volunteering in Manchester
There are so many different areas where you can volunteer, do not be put off if you do not have any knowledge in a certain area e.g. youth work, health or animals because organisations are always seeking participants who they can place on non-skilled roles or train you to learn new skills. Most volunteering placements are unskilled but if you have any skills or experience in a certain area then these will be beneficial and useful. Some organisations offer paid volunteer work but sometimes you will need to be able to commit a certain amount of time or have a certain skill e.g. management. You could start off in a voluntary position and then be hired at a later date.
Top Reasons to Help
- Gain a new perspective
- Do something rewarding and make a difference
- Learn about fantastic work being done
- Meet friendly people
- Gain experience both professional and personal
Areas You Can Help
- Arts & culture
- Charity shops
- Christmas volunteering (outreach, at a shelter or in a soup kitchen)
- Community service
- Disability services
- Drug & alcohol support
- Elderly & senior support
- Emergency response
- Environment & conservation
- Family support
- Health & hospitals
- Homeless & disadvantaged
- Law & human rights
- Mentoring & advocacy
- Migrant support
- Museums & heritage
- Sport & recreation
- Translation & tourism
- Youth work working with children, teenagers and young people
- Veteran & ex-service personel
Community Based Volunteer Opportunities in Ipswich
- L'Arche offer volunteer placements where you can help adults with learning disabilities. There are day and weekly projects where you can help disabled people in their home, accompany them on a shopping trip or participate on community programs like weekly gardening sessions.
- Helpful attitude
- Have an interest in helping
- Be opening to working in a new environment
Before deciding to volunteer, you might find it useful to ask yourself some of these questions:
- What do I enjoy doing?
- What skills do I have?
- What skills do I want to learn?
- How much time can I give?
How to Volunteer in Manchester at Christmas
If you live in Manchester or are going to spend time there over the festive period there are lots of local charities and organisations which need assistance to help people and communities. This is your chance to do something rewarding and do something meaningful over the busy Christmas period. Some organisations are flexilble and allow you to help for a few hours, half a day or longer. You will find it difficult to get paid positions, these operations and events are aimed at helping poor or vulnerable members of the socity from charities who are run on shoe-string budgets, you will feel real gratitude helping and this is a great way to have a sense of acomplishment and meet kind people. Please note no previous experience is needed but if you do have any skills that is beneficial.
How to Apply
You can search opportunities and organisations above.
Testimonials & Reviews
If you volunteer, or have helped an organisation in the past and would like to share your experience or recommend a project then please get in touch with us.
If you are seeking volunteers get in touch with us and post your opportunities on our directory.