Work, Volunteer, Study & Travel in Latvia
Latvia is really one of the best kept secrets in Europe. You will get to visit new places, meet friendly locals, explore famous cities like Riga, locals, visit bustling markets, see pretty squares, enjoy the lively nightlife or see incredible nature. If you are keen to travel, go backpacking, take a gap year, work, volunteer or study in Latvia get inspired by our trips and programs.
Latvia Travel Ideas
Latvia Travel Guide
Get inspiration for the best things to do if you would like to go travelling or backpacking in Latvia.
- Capital: Riga
- Currency: Latvian lat (LVL)
- Area: 64,589 sq km
- Population: 2,224,000 (approx)
- Telephone Code +371
Top Reasons to Visit Latvia
- Riga was the European capital of culture in 2014
- Great value for money destination
- There are four National Parks to explore
- See ancient castle ruins
- Lots of beaches to discover
- Varied landscapes from large cities, to pretty small towns and villages
Best Places to Visit in Latvia
These are some of the top attractions you should add to your Latvia travel itinerary:
- Riga, one of the most scenic capital cities
- Cape Kolka
- Gauja National Park
- Rundāle Palace
- The Aglona Basilica
- Turaida Museum Reserve
- Ventas Rumba, one of the most impressive waterfalls in Europe
Study in Latvia
Keen to learn a new language or improve your knowledge? Apply to study in Latvia.
Family Volunteer Projects in Ecuador & Galapagos Islands
- Multiple Destinations
- < 1 week - 6 weeks / From: $ 1000
Customized Trips in Ecuador & Galapagos for Schools and Groups
- Multiple Destinations
- 2 weeks - 3 weeks / From: $ 1000
Work in Latvia
Search recruiters in Latvia and apply to work in this spectacular country.
Volunteer in Latvia
A volunteer program in gives you a chance to create a life that feels good on the inside. Not one that just looks good on the outside. As a community volunteer you will reach out to disadvantaged young people in either a rural or urban community. You will work with a partner organisation on projects that help local young people tackle some of the most pressing issues facing them.
Whether you would like to spend a short period like summer, or commit to a longer term placement then you will be able to find a local organisations to help you arrange a placement.
Types of Projects Available
You will get to contribute on projects that focus on empowering:
- Disadvantaged members of society
- People living with disabilities
- People living with and affected by illness
- Nature and conservation
How to Apply
You can search projects on our directory and make an online application.
Wildlife Volunteer in Greater Kruger National Park
- Greater Kruger National Park
- 2 weeks - 4 weeks / From: £ 1000
The Elephant Freedom Project in Sri Lanka
- Between Colombo and Kandy
- < 1 week - 2 weeks / From: $ 100
Latvia Volunteer Reviews
Have you ever been to volunteer in Latvia? Would you like to share your experience or review a project or organisation? Get in touch with your testimonial today.