You might not think of visiting Haiti due to the poverty and internal political issues of the country but tourism is one way this country will improve long term. Outsiders bring in much needed money and travel operators are now running tours and trips to Haiti which can be booked today through our website.
Tours & Trips in Haiti
Book a Group Tour to Haiti
Haiti is definately a destination for the adventurous traveler, most people stay well away but on a tour you will get to see the natural beauty of the island and meet friendly locals who will totally change your conception of this island. Traveling solo or independently is really not recommended due to the language barrier, crime and also poor public transport facilities. There is the option to get around by taxis known locally as “tap-taps” - they pick up and drop off people along roads but can get extremely crowded and hot.
There are other private transportation methods available but these can be expensive. A tour takes all the hassel out of taking a overland trip, you will have an experienced guide who will take you to the best places and be on hand in case of any emergencies. The roads in Haiti are in poor condition especially in rural areas and so don't expect a super quick tour of the island. Some locations might seem close on a map and be only around 20 miles apart but journey times can take 1-2 hours!
Top Reasons to Go
- Get an experienced guide
- See the best places
- Go off the beaten track to see locations difficult to reach
- Eat at the best local restaurants
- Enjoy a stress free journey
- Get an authentic local experience
Haiti Tours for Solo Travellers
Our tours are perfect if you are travelling solo and would like to meet other people and travel in a group. You will get to meet other international travellers and get taken to the best locations in the country with an experienced guide.
Haiti Budget Tours
We have a selection of tours for all budgets, so whether you are looking to explore on the cheap or you have a bit more money to spend you will be able to find a trip to match your interests. Our website features lots of cheap tours allowing you to discover the highlights of the country and not break the bank. Most of our tours specifically cater for the 18-35 age group and are a really popular option due to meeting other people, getting day-to-day activities, hotel check-ins, selected meals, accommodation and also transport/guides included in the price. Don't worry if you are slightly older, most tours accept all ages.
- Accommodation: Usually travellers of the same sex will share a twin room, but there is also the option to pay a little extra and get a private room. Accommodation can vary depending on the tour and location. Some tours also include homestays which allow for a facsinating cultural exchange.
- Group Sizes: Typical group sizes are around 10-18 travellers with an average of 12 but this can vary between the tour and operator.
- Transport: On most tours you will travel overland in a private small tour van.
How to Book
Search our featured trips above or contact us for specific advice.
If you have ever joined a tour and would like to review or share your experience please contact us.