Keen to discover the highlights of Colombia? Search Colombia tour packages. Highlights include the bustling markets in the city of Bogotá, explore the volcanic island of Providencia, visit the old colonial town Villa de Leyva or relaxing on the Parque Nacional Tayrona coastline.
Small Group, Overland & Adventure Tours & Trips in Colombia
Book a Tour to Colombia
One of the best ways to explore Colombia is on an organised tour. There are lots of different trips available which will take you to see the highlights of the country, departures are all year round and you can book or enquire via our directory today. You will get to travel with other people and be led by an experienced guide who will be able to provide more information on the places you visit. On an adventure tour in Colombia you can go trekking, venture off the beaten track, go deep into the Andes mountains, see spectacular rural countryside or head to the coast for incredible beaches. Our top activities include walking tours of Bogata and Cartagena, visiting the Chicaque Nature Reserve, going trekking in the Andes, going off the beaten track in the Amazon, seeing the initial coffee production and visting the stunning Rosario Islands.
Our Colombia adventure tours will take you to the heart of the country and you will eat at local restraurants, see how friendly and welcoming local people are and you will be able to create memories to last a lifetime. There are short day sightseeing tours of cities like Bogata and Colombia whilst some overland tours are longer, usually 1-4 weeks in duration. If you are seeking the ultimate experience you can also find overland tours in South America which start in Colombia and then travel down through other countries in the continent. If you sign up through a travel operator we have listed on our website they will usually provide airport pickups and transfers making your trip easier and also make the whole experience stress free and easier.
Top Places You Might Visit
Places you are likely to visit include Bogata, Cartegena and Medellin. You might not have heard of Medellin, this is a popular stop off, this city has 2.5 million people and is affectionately known as the City of Eternal Spring which rests in a narrow valley. With the railroad, the boom of the coffee industry, and profits made by mining investors, Medellin grew into a major metropolis over the twentieth century. Medellin has had a colourful history and despite a past disrupted by violence, today it is one of the safest cities in all of South America and somewhere you should put into any holiday itinerary. Unique places you might get to visit include Villa de Leyva, Parque Tayrona, Taganga, Tayrona Nat Park and Cuidad Peruidad. There is also a sail trip Panama to Colombia tour via the San Blas Islands which are paradise.
Top Reasons to Do an Organised Trip
- One of the safest ways to see the country
- Authentic experience
- See a local side of the country and visit places you might not otherwise visit
- Prices for tours in Colombia are quite cheap compared to other destinations
- Make new friends from all over the world
Best Colombia Tour Operators
There are lots of local and international tour operators and agencies offering Colombia tours to international vistors, all offer unique itineraries with different prices. You can search our recommended trips above.
Colombia Tours for Solo Travellers
Our tours are perfect if you are travelling solo and would like to meet other people and travel in a group. You will get to meet other international travellers and get taken to the best locations in the country with an experienced guide. Most of our tours specifically cater for the 18-35 age group and are a really popular option due to meeting other people, getting day-to-day activities, hotel check-ins, selected meals, accommodation and also transport/guides included in the price. Don't worry if you are slightly older, most tours accept all ages.
Colombia Budget Tours
We have a selection of tours for all budgets, so whether you are looking to explore on the cheap or you have a bit more money to spend you will be able to find a trip to match your interests. Our website features lots of cheap tours of Colombia allowing you to discover the highlights of the country and not break the bank.
- Accommodation: Usually travellers of the same sex will share a twin room, but there is also the option to pay a little extra and get a private room. Accommodation can vary depending on the tour and location. Some tours also include homestays which allow for a facsinating cultural exchange.
- Group Sizes: Typical group sizes are around 10-18 travellers with an average of 12 but this can vary between the tour and operator.
- Transport: On most tours you will travel overland in a private small tour van. For day trips and excursions sometimes you will use public transport and sometimes use internal flights to allow you to see the highlights as quick as possible.
- How to Book: Search our featured trips above or contact us for specific advice. If you need any help booking a tour in Colombia please get in touch.
Colombia Tour Reviews
If you have ever joined a tour in Colombia and would like to review or share your experience please contact us.