Australia is an incredible destination and one of the best ways to see the highlights is on a tour. From day sightseeing day tours of cities like Sydney to epic overland adventures, you will find a trip to match your interests.
Group, Overland & Adventure Tours in Australia
Search the best tours of Australia.
Top Reasons to Book a Tour to Australia
The distances are long in Australia, but many travel companies provide comfortable buses and overland vehicles to get around. You will really need to research and see what your interests are for which company you choose. There are small group adventure tours and also special experiences e.g. wildlife watching and culture. You can find trips for all budgets with durations ranging from a few days to over a month. Whatever your interests, you will be sure to find a great value tour to match your interests. You could go overland, head to the Outback and see Ayers Rock, go cross country or travel the legendary East Coast taking in the very best locations. We highly recommend visiting the Whitsunday islands, Fraser Island and Byron Bay whilst overland camping tours will allow you to experience the real Aussie bush.
Search Trips by Destination
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
Australia Budget Tours
We have a selection of tours for all budgets, so whether you are looking to explore on a budget or you have a bit more money to spend you will be able to find a trip to match your interests. You can find lots of cheap tours of Australia allowing you to discover the highlights of the country and not break the bank.
Australia Tours for 18 - 35 Year Old's
Our tours are perfect if you are travelling solo and would like to meet other people and travel in a group. You will get to meet other international travellers and get taken to the best locations in the country with an experienced guide. Most trips specifically cater for the 18-35 age group and are a really popular option due to meeting other people, getting day-to-day activities, hotel check-ins, selected meals, accommodation and also transport/guides included in the price. Don't worry if you are slightly older, most tours accept all ages. We list budget Two of the biggest companies include G Adventures who are highly recommended, they offer affordable adventure tours to most destinations whilst Contiki offer tours which generally cater to 18-39 year olds, these trips can be wild!
Only on a short time frame? Or want to see more than your average tourist? City tours are available to book in all the major destinations, some last a few hours whilst others can be a day or longer.
On a wildlife tour in Australia you can get close to wild animals like kangaroos, wallabies, crocodiles and dingos. There is a lot of choice too when it comes to destinations, most overland experiences give you free time to visit zoo's and wildlife sanctuarys whilst others take you to places like Kangaroo Island which is teemed with animals. On a visit to the floodplains you will see hundreds of birds, cockatoos, parrots, geese, herons, ducks, geese, jacanas and buzzards. You might catch a glimpse of kingfishers, falcons, eagles and kookaburras. These trips are amazing if you are a bird spotter or passionate about wildlife.
- Accommodation: Usually travellers of the same sex will share a twin room, but there is also the option to pay a little extra and get a private room. Accommodation can vary depending on the tour and location.
- Group Sizes: Typical group sizes are around 10-18 travellers with an average of 12 but this can vary between the tour and operator.
- Transport: On most tours you will travel overland in a private small tour van. For day trips and excursions sometimes you will use public transport and sometimes use internal flights to allow you to see the highlights as quick as possible.
- Cost: The price you pay and also destination can have an effect on the level of comfort. If you are a bit more independent there are rewards are many for people who do a self drive in a 4WD or campervan. If you are looking for a self-drive holiday that is far from crowds and city life, there are companies which offer a wide-range of campervans for your road trip adventure. Tours of Australia are very affordable by Western European standards, joining an organised group tour, seeing the sights, staying in hotels and motels, eating and drinking well can be achieved on a modest budget. Cost can depend on the trip you select and time spend travelling, there are departures are all year round and you can also register / request more information for specific dates. There are sometimes special offers available if you book in advance or last minute.
- Help & Advice: If you need any help booking a tour in Australia please get in touch.
Australia Tour Reviews
If you have ever joined a tour in Australia and would like to review or share your experience please contact us.