Scuba Diving in Tenerife
Tenerife is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Europe and why not combine a holiday with going scuba diving. There are fun dives for beginners, one day taster courses, PADI courses and also dive excursionsfor more advanced level divers.
Scuba Diving Courses & Packages in Tenerife
A Guide to Diving in Tenerife
Tenerife is one of the best places to go diving in Europe, there is a warm climate, sunny weather and lots of incredible dive sites for all abilities. Generally the safest place to go diving is one the southern side of the island where the waters and currents are calmest.
Best Time to Go Diving in Tenerife
If you go diving during July you might get lucky and see longfinned pilot whales which is an incredible experience
Top Rated Dive Operators in Tenerife
Would you like to recommend a dive center in Tenerife? Contact us today.
Best Dive Sites in Tenerife
- Atlantis, Los Gigantes - a well visited dive site with excelent visibility. From the boat you will get to see a triangular plateau of pillars which have been formed by volcanic larva cooling. This area is teeming with marine life.
- Devil's reef, Radazul - a popular dive site with experienced divers, you might get to see tuna, sharks, barracudas and stingrays.
- Echo Bay - a great place to see stingrays
- La Gomera Caves - facsinating lava formations found south of San Sebastian
- Labyrinth, Puerto de la Cruz - unique volcanic caves and tunnels
- Los Chuchos (the Rays), Los Gigantes - This is a stingray feeding site where dive operators dump old fish in the sea to attract interest from rays and fish. You are likely to see large rays some of which are at least 5 feet long!
- Valle Gran Rey - go in search of yellow gorgonian sea fans
Large groupers, manta rays, stingrays, sea bream, grunts, sand smelt, trumpet fish, sharks, eels
Tenerife Scuba Diving Reviews
Ever been diving in Tenerife? Would you like to share experience or rate a dive center or site? Get in touch.