Scuba Diving in Belize
Despite being one of the smallest countries in Central America, Belize is one of the best to go diving party due to having one of the largest barrier reefs in the world located just off the coast. There are beginners scuba diving courses, cheap dive holiday packages and also liveaboard options where you can experience the best dive locations in Belize.
Scuba Diving Courses & Packages in Belize
Best Places to Go Diving in Belize
A lot of people stay on Caye Caulker and then go diving to discover a facsinating underwater world and you are likely to see nurse sharks, several fish species, tarpon, and sea turtles.
- The Belize Barrier Reef is 300 km in size and is one of the most spectacular places to go diving in the world. There are lots of dive sites, atolls, cayes and also a giant blue hole. The Great Blue Hole is iconic, it is over 300 meters across and 130 meters deep, you can also get to see sharks here
- Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark-Ray Alley located just off the southern tip of Ambergris Caye are both popular destinations
- Glover's Reef is an underrated and undervisited atoll with deep reefs
View our guide to going diving in Belize today.
Best Time of Year to Go Diving in Belize
You can go scuba diving all year round in Belize.
Water temperatures average around 30° C in summer to 26° C in winter, so warm all year round.
If you are planning a dive trip to the Belize, or want to explore more of the islands we highly recommend getting travel insurance just incase of any accidents or emergencies. Try to get an insurance which covers for scuba diving and check the small print to see what is/isn't included. Ideally you want to be covered for at least a depth of 50 metres deep.
Recommended Dive Resorts in Belize
- Avadon Divers
- Belize Diving Adventures
- Belize Diving Services
- Big Fish Dive Center
- Huracan Diving
- Off The Wall Dive Center and Resort
- SeaHorse Dive Shop
- Splash Dive Center
- Turneffe Island Resort
- White Sands Dive Shop
Help / Advice
If you need any help arranging a dive course in Belize get in touch.
Belize Scuba Dive Resort Reviews
If you have ever been diving in Belize and would like to write about your experience, review a company or share any recommendations please contact us.
If you represent a dive centre in Belize and would like to be featured here please contact us.
- If you would like to combine experiences you might like to also volunteer in Belize or teach English in Belize.